Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jul 5, 2007, 07:30 PM   #1
Fuzzy Orange
macrumors 6502

Ack! I got someone else's phone number!

I just activated my iPhone today, and I got someone else's phone number (it shows up as a woman named Kathleen Orich?). Is their anyway to fix it? I really don't want to go over my own stuff again, nor do I want to get someone else's calls. And AT&T's customer service sucks, since I cannot get to a real, talking person. Can anyone help?
Old Jul 5, 2007, 07:44 PM   #2
Twiztedklown316
macrumors member

Send a message via AIM to Twiztedklown316
if somehow AT&T issued you an incorrect phone number (one belonging to another customer no less) I would suggest that you will need to speak to customer service, this is a pretty significant goof up, one that will screw two customers over, and not just you.
Old Jul 5, 2007, 07:56 PM   #3
The General
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Orange View Post
And AT&T's customer service sucks, since I cannot get to a real, talking person. Can anyone help?
I was unaware that the AT&T stores were employing robots.
The General is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2007, 08:00 PM   #4
strangelogic
macrumors regular

should clear up

If you just got it - give it 24 hours or so to clear. My caller-id showed up as 'wireless caller' until the next day... They are probably using up numbers pretty quickly.

Unless of course you are getting calls for that person. That was the one thing about my old phone number I've had for 2 years - the woman that used to have it still gets calls from collection agencies.
strangelogic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2007, 08:03 PM   #5
Fuzzy Orange
macrumors 6502

I just got off the phone with someone.
It turns out it was someone else's phone number, who got off of AT&T. So they just need to recycle it.
Old Jul 5, 2007, 08:22 PM   #6
bbplayer5
macrumors 68020

dial 611 on your phone and keep pushing 0 ... it will get you a real person
bbplayer5 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting