Mac service - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old Jul 19, 2003, 10:18 AM   #1
fjs08
macrumors 65816

Mac service

Hi,

Historically, who does the Mac service?? Are you forced to go through Apple Co., ie mail it in, for everything, or can you get things taken care of at Apple retail stores?? How about the "mail order" places you see on the web. Do they provide any service??

How about just questions about things with the Mac. Is it hard to get through to Apple???

Thanks.

Frank
fjs08 is offline   0
Old Jul 19, 2003, 11:40 AM   #2
Phatpat
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to Phatpat
You can generally get anything taken care of at retail stores. If you have a problem, walk in, and they will fix it. A few months ago I had a line of dead pixels on my iPod. I walked up to the genius bar, showed it to the guy, and he ended up giving me a new one, no questions asked.
Old Jul 19, 2003, 11:42 AM   #3
mnkeybsness
macrumors 68030

Send a message via AIM to mnkeybsness
Quote:
Originally posted by Phatpat
You can generally get anything taken care of at retail stores. If you have a problem, walk in, and they will fix it. A few months ago I had a line of dead pixels on my iPod. I walked up to the genius bar, showed it to the guy, and he ended up giving me a new one, no questions asked.
how old was your ipod at the time? and what about the data on it...did he transfer it over for you?
Old Jul 19, 2003, 11:47 AM   #4
fjs08
macrumors 65816

HI,

>>he ended up giving me a new one, no questions asked.<<

Not even where you bought it??
In the past, I've found some computer places don't want to deal with you if you didn't buy it there!

Frank
fjs08 is offline   0
Old Jul 19, 2003, 01:16 PM   #5
tjwett
macrumors 68000

Official Apple Retail Stores have become the best place. I just bring in my machine and they start working on it right then and there. Doesn't matter where you bought it, it's in warranty and they are glad to do it.
Old Jul 19, 2003, 04:39 PM   #6
Phatpat
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to Phatpat
My ipod was probably 6 months old at the time. The 3G ipods had just come out, so I figure that's why they were so nice. He didn't ask me where I bought it, and I was able to transfer all my data. Quality service.

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers