1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Mac service

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by fjs08, Jul 19, 2003.

1. macrumors 65816

Hi,

Historically, who does the Mac service?? Are you forced to go through Apple Co., ie mail it in, for everything, or can you get things taken care of at Apple retail stores?? How about the "mail order" places you see on the web. Do they provide any service??

How about just questions about things with the Mac. Is it hard to get through to Apple???

Thanks.

Frank

2. macrumors 6502a

Phatpat

You can generally get anything taken care of at retail stores. If you have a problem, walk in, and they will fix it. A few months ago I had a line of dead pixels on my iPod. I walked up to the genius bar, showed it to the guy, and he ended up giving me a new one, no questions asked.

3. macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

how old was your ipod at the time? and what about the data on it...did he transfer it over for you?

4. macrumors 65816

HI,

>>he ended up giving me a new one, no questions asked.<<

Not even where you bought it??
    In the past, I've found some computer places don't want to deal with you if you didn't buy it there!

Frank

5. macrumors 68000

tjwett

Official Apple Retail Stores have become the best place. I just bring in my machine and they start working on it right then and there. Doesn't matter where you bought it, it's in warranty and they are glad to do it.

6. macrumors 6502a

Phatpat

My ipod was probably 6 months old at the time. The 3G ipods had just come out, so I figure that's why they were so nice. He didn't ask me where I bought it, and I was able to transfer all my data. Quality service.