Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JPyre

macrumors 6502
Mar 28, 2005
Pistolvania
Blah... this is the same guy that complained the iPhone wasn't sold out after 4 hours. I don't think Apple or AT&T is complaining about selling 4.5 in the near future. I don't understand this though, there is no way in hell Apple would sell 10million in the near future. Why would they manufacture them now anyway? 18 months before the end of 08?

rockstarjoe

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2006
washington dc
I think it is stock manipulation. Miller Tabak & Co. even say on their site that they "act as agent on behalf of sophisticated institutional investors, executing trading and hedging strategies imaginatively and aggressively." Yes, imaginatively indeed. :rolleyes:

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
Which suggests to me some kind of upcoming design or technical amendment. Perhaps a 3G variant for Europe?

whooleytoo

macrumors 604
Aug 2, 2002
Cork, Ireland.
Which suggests to me some kind of upcoming design or technical amendment. Perhaps a 3G variant for Europe?

Well, Apple are hiring iPhone support staff at the moment; so given there's probably a month or more lead-in time with new staff I'd say it'll be several weeks still before we see anything in Europe.

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
Drop from 9 million... in what timeframe? How is that even a story if they don't say whether it was 9 million this month or 9 million next year, or what?

With a goal of 1 million by end of September, it's hard to imagine making more than that right now. It must be a long term thing... and long-term, Apple IS still on track to make their 10 mil in 2008.

(Did I miss something?)

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
Pure noise

Follow-up:

However, Miller Tabak analyst Peter Boockvar later told AppleInsider that his firm authored no such note on Apple. Instead, he said, gossip was passed along during a telephone conversation and was subsequently overblown.

"Disregard it. There's no note on Apple today," Boockvar said. "It's pure noise."

Analog Kid

macrumors G3
Mar 4, 2003
Follow-up:

However, Miller Tabak analyst Peter Boockvar later told AppleInsider that his firm authored no such note on Apple. Instead, he said, gossip was passed along during a telephone conversation and was subsequently overblown.

"Disregard it. There's no note on Apple today," Boockvar said. "It's pure noise."
Yup, stock manipulation...

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
Any long term investors would just use this day to back up the truck and buy more Apple stock.

jon

knelto

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2007
And AAPL tanks yet again based on an unsubstantiated rumor. Lovely.

Buy it while you can!

dashiel

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2003
Any long term investors would just use this day to back up the truck and buy more Apple stock.

jon

yep. looking at the longterm moves apple is making, AAPL at $130 is a bargain. hell AAPL at $250 is a bargain.

jsnyd05

macrumors newbie
May 27, 2006
the lou
I love how people react to any news related to the iPhone. I could send an anonymous tip to some website claiming iPhone preorders in Europe were sold out even if we dont have a set carrier or launch date and I'm sure I could drive the stock price up.

I might actually do that because all of this negative hearsay is crushing my august call. Lets get this crap over with and make our way to apple 200.

- jsnyd

Sent from my iPhone

DrFrankTM

macrumors regular
Nov 8, 2005
Japan
Hmmm... Where can we make a formal complaint about the stock manipulators? It's so obvious that I'm not sure how they can think they'll just get away with it. Did they really cover their tracks well enough? It's too obvious. Someone will talk if pushed against the wall.

MarcelV

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2004
"act as agent on behalf of sophisticated institutional investors, executing trading and hedging strategies imaginatively and aggressively."
If this is their way of accomplishing it, with pretty good result today looking at the stock, the SEC should investigate those tactics.

JustGotAMAC

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2006
For some reason people( investors in a bubble) seem to be under the impression that Apple makes all their money from ipod and iphone sales. Apple has been selling computers to lots of first time users, which I believe accounts for 50% of Apple computer sales. Even further, current users like myself would buy another mac almost as though we were part of a cult. With that said, Apple has tremendous upside potential. This pullback was good for me, as I sold my position back when it was $118. Picked up good amount on the dip.

Apple to 225 before the year is out.

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
Gee, I wonder if that's because no-one can actually afford it, develop real apps for it, and it runs on AT&T's turtle-slow data network?

Even a story that turns out to be false, gets trolling? :)

Only a quarter million (plus another 20 thousand) could afford it on the first day and a half of sales. Not even counting Sunday or ANY online orders--just retail. And Apple has not backed off their 10 million goal.

Ah, but it's... "No-one" ;)

shadowfax

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2002
Houston, TX
Ah, but it's... "No-one" ;)

Strange that there are so many "nobodies" buying the iPhone. usually nobodies can't afford things like this. I'm scared to think what would happen to the iPhone if the somebodies found out about it, they'd really sell like hotcakes then. 10 million tomorrow morning, like as not...

orbital

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2006
ars holes fricken casued my Apple options to tank on a rumor... at least now im in at 135 and will make bank if it goes back up to 140

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
It's funny/strange/sad when a "page 2 rumor" here can cause AAPL to take a big tumble. The markets are shadow-boxing, that's for sure.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.