Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macEfan

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2005
wow it already has 2000 diggs...at least he didn't run over the hard drive or something... he's lucky it still works~!

Mac One

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2007
NZ
I had a feeling Apple Care wouldn't cover it!
If I was packing a car the first thing I would check was whether or not my laptop was in it. Maybe he was in a hurry?

Zegna

macrumors member
Dec 4, 2006
North America
I had a feeling Apple Care wouldn't cover it!
If I was packing a car the first thing I would check was whether or not my laptop was in it. Maybe he was in a hurry?

Most probably he was in a hurry.

I'm actually very surprised and dissapointed to hear that AppleCare is not covering the damages.

Osarkon

macrumors 68020
Aug 30, 2006
Wales
I'm actually very surprised and dissapointed to hear that AppleCare is not covering the damages.

Why? AppleCare is basically just an extension of the standard warranty from what I can gather. A standard warranty isn't going to cover you for mistakes you've done.

Tom B.

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2006
London
I don't understand how this is becoming such a regular occurrence. :confused:
This is what happens when a white MacBook and an iPod classic in a backpack get run over by a semi-truck.

Sherman Homan

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2006
A friend of mine was talking on his cell, MacBook open on the hood of his car, engine running. The important detail is that he was headed out of his driveway head first. Conversation ends, he hops in the car, begins to pull out and sees the laptop on the hood just as the 'Book skids off the front. Before he can stop he drives square over it... It was not recoverable. :eek:

sgarringer

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2004
Cedar Rapids, IA
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/1C28 Safari/419.3)

I support about 150 macs and about 2500 dells you have no idea the state we see systems in. Laptops in checked luggage usually fare the worst, followed closely to laptops in hopes with small kids LOL

mperkins37

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
If he bought it with a Credit card it may be covered there, Or car insurance, but he'd have to eat the deductible, whatever that would be.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.