Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Meant to post this yesterday after reading it in the paper, totally forgot until I found it on The Register today. Genius! :D

Staff at the Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh battled for an hour to disconnect the penis of Captain Dan The Demon Dwarf from a hoover after the diminutive Fringe performer inadvertantly superglued it to the vacuum cleaner's "attachment".

According to the Evening Standard, the hoover forms part of Captain Dan's Circus Of Horrors act, in which he inexplicably pulls the device across the stage with his todger. On this occasion, however, "the attachment came loose before a performance so he tried to glue it back on".

The 42-year-old misread the superglue instructions and, having allowed the adhesive a mere 20 seconds to dry rather than the required 20 minutes, duly found himself semi-permanently docked after attempting a premature test.

Of his hospital ordeal, a shaken Captain Dan recounted: "It was the most embarrassing moment of my life. When I got wheeled into a packed A&E on a wheelchair with a hoover attached to my willie, I just wished the ground could swallow me up." ®
The Register.

jczubach

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2007
northwest
"I just wished the ground could swallow me up" Well for certain, something sure tried to 'swallow him up', and that ain't my idea of a good first date. sheesh:p

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
Could have been worse:

jimglue.jpg

"I glued myself... to myself!"

Southern

macrumors regular
May 15, 2007
London, UK
lols.

Gentlemen, we are one step close to seeing some impossibly silly things. What next, a man eats his own head?

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
I hope his story regarding this being a part of his "act" is true.

Otherwise......man......get some money and pay a proper prostitute to suck it. Using a hoover is just ghetto.

Bern

macrumors 68000
Nov 10, 2004
Australia
Phew! I misread the title to read "Dwarf superglues toddler to hoover"

Well I guess he was just trying to get ahead in his act :)

MrSmith

macrumors 68040
Nov 27, 2003
I believe the usual excuse for this affliction is something about 'falling over'...

Pumpers of the world, unite!

bennyboi

macrumors regular
Jun 1, 2006
West Coast
What?

Show some respect. Haven't we all had an incident at some time or another involving a vacuum, superglue, and a drawf? It's called Tuesday, people. Sheesh.

RedTomato

macrumors 601
Mar 4, 2005
.. London ..
I nearly saw this happen.

I just got back from the Edinburgh festival a few days ago, was working there supporting a theatre crew. Saw lots of shows, was planning to go see Circus of Horrors, but expensive ticket prices and bad reviews put me off that one.

Here's a review from the Register:

I found the Circus of Horrors was trivial. Apart from the nudity and late hour it should have been a children's show. I walked out at the interval.

Over-hyped and marketed. Crass, poorly executed and I felt just plain embarrassed for some of the performers. Walked out just over halfway through. Total waste of money.

The girl smoking in the front row seems to be a built in gag. When a show entitled "Circus of Horros" has to resort to getting a laugh out of the smoking ban, you know its not up to much.

This is a Circus of Horrors only if your idea of freaks is people in skeleton costumes doing a dance to music that wouldn't have looked out of place on the Tweenies. There was a problem with the sound too, no idea what the ringleader was saying. Further freaks included someone getting a nail hammered through what was obviously a tongue piercing, and someone walking on knives that were sharp enough to cut a cucumber, which isn't very sharp.

And here's a picture of the septic dwarf himself with the todger-hoover (sans glue):

Demon%20Dan%20gets%20jigi%20with%20a%20hoover%20%26%20a%20naughty%20nurse..jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.