|Sep 2, 2007, 08:38 PM||#1|
Mic In Bootcamp???
Is it possible to use a mic for things like skype and teamspeak under bootcamp on a Macbook Pro? I can't seem to get it to work and was wondering if I'm doing something wrong, or if the mic port on the Macbook Pro isn't supported in bootcamp. Thanks
Power Mac Dual 2.3, 512MB, ATI 9600, Airport Extreme, 20" ACD, 4GB iPod Mini
|Sep 2, 2007, 08:48 PM||#3|
yea i use my mic all the time. i havent ever had any problems with it. maybe try reinstalling drivers
Official MacRumors IRC @ irc.krono.net #macrumors (Or http://kewlirc.net:9090/)
2012 2.5GHz Mac Mini Dual - 16GB RAM
Win8 PC - i5-3570k - 16GB RAM - SSD
|Jul 19, 2008, 01:17 PM||#5|
you have to turn up the microphone input volume.
Open the volume control, go to File>Properties. There is a dropdown menu on the Properties window. Open that and select RealTek Input (something like that, as long as it says "input"). then hit Ok. now you have opened the microphone input control. Move the slider up because be default it is extremely low.
|Jan 19, 2010, 07:38 PM||#9|
* Temporary Solution for Windows Realtek Driver Issue with Microphone not working on Windows Vista 32 bit system on a IMAC 2008, after you have updated to Boot Camp 3.0.
1) Goto Device Manager and uninstall the driver, remember to goto the other tab and click change settings before it will allow you to uninstall it.
2) Reboot back to windows, it will install a Microsoft driver, in which microphon works but audio does not as far as i can tell.
3) Put MAC OS 10.5 Boot Disc in Drive, select option to explore disk. goto /Boot Camp/Drivers Director and run Realtek Setup Exec
4) Restart Computer back into Windows mode and voila you should have a Microphone and sound both working.
*** Note you may wish to set your microphone boost to +10 best quality, as I found my fellow users on ventrillo seem to find it the best, +20 was giving bad quality for them.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Resolved: Setting up a Mic in Bootcamp (Mac Pro)?||Goftrey||Mac Peripherals||3||Feb 8, 2014 07:26 PM|
|Retina Macbook Headphone jack Built-in Mic No Device Driver (bootcamp)||fonzy||MacBook Pro||9||Jan 8, 2014 07:19 AM|
|Can't use Macbook Pro built-in mic when a headset with mic is plugged in||Machlonomic||Mac Basics and Help||3||May 8, 2013 05:45 AM|
|(MBPr) Using headset's mic on Windows 8 bootcamp?||MaKin211||MacBook Pro||0||Feb 19, 2013 04:56 PM|
|iPhone headphone mic not working while on bootcamp windows.||dannywong||MacBook Air||5||Sep 6, 2012 02:24 PM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:24 PM.