Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

codybrom

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 15, 2007
Can't remember any mention of the 80/160gb ipod having the line in software still embeded in there.

Could an iTalk Pro / TuneTalk / MicroMemo from 5/5.5 gen "potentially" work on the new ipod classic?

I don't want to throw away the accessory I just bought.

autumnmike

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2005
that would be ******** if there isn't any audio input. didn't the 4g was only mono input, and the 5g was stereo input with better audio. i always thought the ipod should be able to be a bootleg device. maybe it is for somepeople, but to what quality. the best god damnit!!

codybrom

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 15, 2007
i work at best buy, so I'll test it with a display model when i set them up.

fikonhjul

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2007
Sweden
Found some positive news at iLounge:

It also works properly with past voice recording accessories, adding both a new recording screen with a microphone icon and a new playback screen that’s nicer than before.

breesaw

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2008
voice recorders for 5G iPods don't have full functionality with iPod Classic

I emailed XtremeMac back in September 2007 asking if their Micromemo worked with the iPod Classic. They replied,
The MicroMemo for iPod with Video is compatible with the iPod Classic; however, there may be some functionality issues. These issues will not impede the ability to record.
Since then XtremeMac has discontinued the MicroMemo. I emailed them on 01/20/2008 and asked if it was still available (because it was no longer shown on their web site). They replied on 02/07/2008 as follows,
I'm afraid our current MicroMemo has been discontinued; however; our engineers are currently hard at work coming up with new products for the new iPods and iPhone. No information on a new MicroMemo have been released yet but it's very possible that we may see one.

Carransong

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2009
italk

Can't remember any mention of the 80/160gb ipod having the line in software still embeded in there.

Could an iTalk Pro / TuneTalk / MicroMemo from 5/5.5 gen "potentially" work on the new ipod classic?

I don't want to throw away the accessory I just bought.

Hi
I have an ipod classic 6th gen and an italk. It works fine. It does use up battery, however. I tested mine and on high quality it is done in 2 hours. I am looking for another one I can use that doesn't plug into the bottom of the ipod, 'cause I want to charge and record at the same time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.