Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sixth

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 16, 2006
I have been looking at the Nano unboxing pics and noticed that it has the same style recessed headphone port as the iPhone has. What gives??? And still NO ONE makes a decent headphone adapter!!

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
I have been looking at the Nano unboxing pics and noticed that it has the same style recessed headphone port as the iPhone has. What gives??? And still NO ONE makes a decent headphone adapter!!

No it doesn't.

Macworld's First Look article clearly states that it's fine for use with all third party earphones.

The image on iLounge's site doesn't show a recessed jack - it's just a normal headphone jack.

sixth

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 16, 2006
Aight just making sure, I swear those picks look really close to my iPhone's port...thanks for the reply.

kevinbal

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2006
Storrs, CT
Since I have my new RED nano right here, I can tell you without a doubt that it is not a recessed port, no worries there.

SactoGuy18

macrumors 601
Sep 11, 2006
Sacramento, CA USA
Apple would have a major riot on their hands if they tried to put in a recessed headphone connector on their new iPod models. :eek: Thank the right sentient upstairs they didn't! :)

torchwood04

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2007
Yes, the iPod touch's port is not recessed. This was confirmed, and shown in pictures of the device.

amycishere

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2007
Since I have my new RED nano right here, I can tell you without a doubt that it is not a recessed port, no worries there.

Sorry, but I'm dying to know how video looks on the new nano. Could you actually watch a movie without your eyes throbing?

kevinbal

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2006
Storrs, CT
Steve wasn't blowing smoke when he said this screen is amazing... it truly is. I watched a Simpsons episode on it to see how it was... I haven't watched a feature length movie yet.

It is a small screen though, so keep that in mind. But the quality is just incredible.. I could see myself watching a movie on a flight or something with this no problem.

amycishere

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2007
Steve wasn't blowing smoke when he said this screen is amazing... it truly is. I watched a Simpsons episode on it to see how it was... I haven't watched a feature length movie yet.

It is a small screen though, so keep that in mind. But the quality is just incredible.. I could see myself watching a movie on a flight or something with this no problem.

Thank you very much!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.