Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

beefcake

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 22, 2003
Baltimore
As a recent switcher, I was very concerned that although I'd be able to run the majority of programs out there, there would be a lot of small programs that wouldn't carry over. I was right. In the past week, my PC desktop has been running quite a few little worms that just don't seem to like OS X. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to make due with a fully functional, uninfected Powerbook.

:)

mnkeybsness

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2001
Moneyapolis, Minnesota
i think those "apps" are more like donation ware. you can either reformat your entire drive, or donate some money to a virus protector and then you will have no problems...i think this falls more into "donating to the mob"....

"we will protect you, for a small fee"

beefcake

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 22, 2003
Baltimore
Originally posted by mnkeybsness
i think those "apps" are more like donation ware. you can either reformat your entire drive, or donate some money to a virus protector and then you will have no problems...i think this falls more into "donating to the mob"....

"we will protect you, for a small fee"
So when you get a worm or virus, you should be grateful that you have the opportunity to stimulate the economy and keept the wonderful crew down at Norton in business.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.