Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

majordude

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 28, 2007
Hootersville
WTF?

I have an iPod 60GB (4th generation?). I added a movie to iTunes. I tried dragging it to the iPod (inside of iTunes) and it didn't do jack. So I clicked on the movie and converted it to to iPod usage. Twenty minutes later it's finished converting but when I drag it to the iPod nothing happens.

This is pissing me off. What's the deal? :confused:

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
Are you sure your iPod can play video? I have a 60Gb iPod Photo (as it was originally called) which is a 4G iPod. It can't play video. That feature was introduced with the iPod Video (5G).

majordude

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 28, 2007
Hootersville
Are you sure your iPod can play video? I have a 60Gb iPod Photo (as it was originally called) which is a 4G iPod. It can't play video. That feature was introduced with the iPod Video (5G).

Hmmm. Then it is a 5th gen... who knew? :eek: It does play videos. :p

I got it to add a movie but it only seems to do so if it is managed. I cannot add them manually.

mactogo

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2007
usa
WTF?

I have an iPod 60GB (4th generation?). I added a movie to iTunes. I tried dragging it to the iPod (inside of iTunes) and it didn't do jack. So I clicked on the movie and converted it to to iPod usage. Twenty minutes later it's finished converting but when I drag it to the iPod nothing happens.

This is pissing me off. What's the deal? :confused:

I kind a had same problem with my ipod, even called apple and they didnt know what the problem was so i found it myself after couple hours. You need to make sure its right format. If you have any video that can play on ipod just see what kind a format that is and make sure other videos same format as that one. Thats what i did and it worked. If you are sure that you have right ipod and it plays videos.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.