Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has added three new visualizers in the version of iTunes that is built into the latest build of leopard. The new visualizers are called Lathe, Jelly, and Stix.

lathe_300.jpg

Lathe: A floating fountain of particles that pulsate to bass (very responsive to bass drums)

jelly_300.jpg

Jelly: A quick moving kaleidoscope of multicolored bright LED-looking lights

stix_300.jpg

Stix: A streak of light that changes speed and color to the music and reflects on the "floor" of the visual.

Apple is expected to release Leopard in October.

Article Link

Retired
May 16, 2006
Every time I hear something new about this awesome OS,my patience shrinks...luckily every day is a day closer :)

reubs

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2006
Sounds like great "extras", but I'm not the type to use visualizers. Good for those who do, though!

dvkid

macrumors regular
Feb 18, 2006
Awesome! Maybe these will come in the new version of iTunes as well...

iTunes updates between now and Leopard will simply be little bug fixes and adjustments to work with any new iPod or iPhone firmware updates. Not gonna be anything new on that front until "sometime in October."

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
Sounds like great "extras", but I'm not the type to use visualizers. Good for those who do, though!

Tell ya what.When you have 4-6 spaces open and you're listening to iTunes the visualizer looks great when switching between spaces.Or when you have spaces open to all the different windows.

hotdamn

macrumors 6502
Jan 24, 2007
Ottawa, ON, Canada

You mean you never had a bath with the mac set up next to you running some chill album (I recommend Planet of Ice by Minus The Bear) with the visualizer on?

Yeah me neither, men don't take baths!

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
So why are people voting negative on this? :rolleyes:

Just another example of how worthless the ratings are on this site, might as well just get rid of them, they're completely meaningless.

HLdan

macrumors 603
Aug 22, 2007
I hope it stays Mac exclusive. Maybe I'm the only one but I just would like for Apple to put some Mac only features in iTunes. Microsoft always makes dumbed down versions of their Windows software for the Mac.

Squonk

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2005
Jelly ROCKS!!!!

And yet it looks nothing like Leopard spots. I'm good with that!

notsofatjames

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2007
Wales, UK
has anyone noticed that the iTunes close, minimize, zoom buttons are the old dim buttons. Now i can compare them side by side, i prefer the new ones.

Benjamindaines

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2005
A religiously oppressed state
iTunes updates between now and Leopard will simply be little bug fixes and adjustments to work with any new iPod or iPhone firmware updates. Not gonna be anything new on that front until "sometime in October."

Perhaps, but they're not going to release a new Leopard-only version of iTunes. I'm saying I wonder if this is just a newer version of iTunes that the betas have that will later be released to Tiger as well or are these new visualizers going to only work with CoreAnimation (something only Leopard will have).

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
I haven't used Visualizers since my old PC and WinAmp days, as I always found them not "real" or accurate enough with respect to their timing and reflection of the music being played. I'm sure they've come a long way, so perhaps once I get Leopard and my new MacBook Pro I'll give these a try just for fun. ;)

xBerserker

macrumors member
Jun 4, 2007
Earth .. for now
I remember last year when they demoed some features of Leopard one of them is better text to voice, more natural sounding, etc. Is that still in? They haven't mentioned it since. :confused:

Lepton

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2002
Cold Spring Harbor, NY
Nice compositions

There's this cool app called Quartz Composer in the current developer tools. You can make amazing animations that play in QuickTime Player and as screen savers in the current OS. They can even sense inputs such as audio and react to them. You can find websites full of these compositions now. Wouldn't it be cool if such compositions could hook into iTunes somehow, someday? Just speculatin'

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.