Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Oct 2, 2007, 08:17 PM   #1
joshi3joshi
macrumors regular

Do iPhone earphones work with iPod touch?

this has probaly already beeen answered, but ive searched on google and found nothing. My question is,

does the iphone earphones, the one with the squeeze thing for pausing and playing music, and double squeezing for skipping work with ipod touch? i havent seen the iphone headphone jack, but i assume it is the same. So if i buy iphone earphones, and i plug it in my ipod touch, will the squeeze controls work?
joshi3joshi is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2007, 08:28 PM   #2
aethelbert
macrumors 601

No, the jacks are different. On the iPod touch, the jack is normal. But on the iPhone, it is recessed.
aethelbert is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2007, 08:40 PM   #3
jnc
macrumors 68020

Not sure what the recessing of the jacks has to do with overall functionality... if anything, surely iTouch headphones wouldn't work on iPhone not vice versa?

Anyway, I don't imagine the remote functions will work. The speakers might be a different story.

On a sidenote, does the Radio Remote work in iTouch/iPhone?
Old Jan 17, 2008, 10:30 PM   #4
-Dark Angel-
macrumors 6502

Is there any headphones like the iPhone headphones for the iPod touch? Really like to have the clicking feature instead of pulling out my ipod to stop and play next track...
-Dark Angel- is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2008, 10:43 PM   #5
rbroady
macrumors regular

the headphones work, but you cant use the little botton on the mic
rbroady is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2008, 11:12 PM   #6
jnc
macrumors 68020

Wonder if there's a jailbreak fix... I'd love to be able to pause, play and skip at the click of a button instead of pulling the iPt out each time.

Any word on the radio remote working?
Old Aug 13, 2011, 01:48 AM   #7
ChicagoApple
macrumors newbie

Talking The iPhone

I just bought a new iphone headphone earbuds (the one with 3 lines on the jack). It works with my iPod Touch fully.

Single Click Headphone Button = Pause/Play
Double Click Headphone Button = Next Song
Triple Click Headphone Button = Previous Song
Hold Down Headphone Button = Voice Control

Once I enter an app that uses the iPod's microphone, the headphone's mic overrides the mic on the device itself and is very clear. Just let the wire hang while you talk, don't touch it while you talk.

The iPod Touch really is an iPhone without 3G.

This earbud works on the iPad 1 also.
ChicagoApple is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch