Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Oct 27, 2007, 05:58 PM   #1
benfilan
macrumors 6502

Send a message via Yahoo to benfilan
Unhappy iphone error 6 - HELP!

I've been trying to restore my iPhone for DAYS now, everytime it runs it gets about 25% through and then fails, I get: 'an unknown error occured - error (6). does ANYONE know what this might mean, or know of a way to fix it? I're read that it might be a USB problem, but I've tried in in 4 different computers with no change. also tried the restore in Windows with the same result.
Old Nov 16, 2007, 01:36 AM   #2
machardi
macrumors newbie

http://www.everythingicafe.com/forum...6-a-12608.html

I would check here. Sounds like you have a broken iPhone, by way of a bad car charger.

(also, check other usb cables, just in case)
machardi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2008, 07:14 PM   #3
boy17ro
macrumors newbie

Smile iphone error (6) fix

so, same problem, i wanted the new 2.0 firmware on my iphone, it bricked, really bad, i tryed restoring to everything, 1.1.1 1.1.2 1.1.3 1.1.4 and keept getting everithing from error (6) to (9) to (20) and to 16**, i don`t know if it only worked for me but this is what i did, i took out the sim card, and installed ziphone, docked the iphone and in ziphone ADVANCED FEATURES chose DFU mode, then in itunes i restored it to firmware 1.1.3 the only one that worked only after it installed it sayd refreshig firmware and crashed, error bla bla bal and showed me the usb cable on the iphone, nevermind that, the software is installed u just can't see it, go to ziphone and click on DO IT ALL, after that. happy happy joy joy it worked, i`m now on 1.1.3 firmware, i used to be on 1.1.4, tryed to upgrade to 1.1.4 and bricked the phone again, but did the whole ziphone 1.1.3 and worked, so i did it twice and it worked for me, hope i`t's useful sorry abut the mistakes i`m from romania
boy17ro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2008, 07:25 PM   #4
mihaipaul
macrumors newbie

to boy ro

iam from romania too
please help me

thanks
mihaipaul is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2008, 11:15 AM   #5
mwilkes
macrumors newbie

solution unknown error 6, 8, etc

I had this same problem and all I had to do was update Java. For those still confused go to
http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1275
for troubleshooting. Good Luck.
mwilkes is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2011, 11:36 AM   #6
Skiddins
macrumors newbie

After trying different cables, USB ports and removing USB devices etc I finally tried disabling all my firewall and anti-virus software temporarily while the restore/upgrade took place.
This finally solved the problem.

Hope some of you find this usefull
Skiddins is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2011, 10:20 AM   #7
yarbsemaj
macrumors newbie

i had the same problem upgrading to ios 4.3.4 but after disabling zone alarm free it worked like it dream
yarbsemaj is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting