Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Oct 30, 2007, 12:14 AM   #1
kajitox
macrumors 6502a

iPod Nano Won't Turn On

Uh, this is an interesting problem that just occurred. I tried using my iPod and it wouldn't turn on. Duh, I'm an idiot, it was because lock was on. I turned off the lock and it still wouldn't turn on. Okay, battery might be dead, even though I JUST unplugged it from my computer from charging. I plug it into my computer and I get zero response. It doesn't turn on at all and the computer fails to realize it is there...

Well ****. I got it when it was first released and it is the iPod nano 3G, 8GB. I was hoping like something like this wouldn't ever happen to my iPod, but I think it might have.

Any bright ideas?

Thanks.
Old Oct 30, 2007, 12:21 AM   #2
samh004
macrumors 68020

If you search google there's a way to reset it to factory settings, that might help (probably also tells you how with the included documentation). It'll still be under warranty regardless, so you can take it in for a check-up for free.

From the MacRumors guides:

Quote:
As with all clickwheel iPods, you can reset this iPod by first toggling the hold switch on and off and then simultaneously pressing the select (center) and menu buttons for approximately 5-10 seconds. This is a common fix should your iPod behave unexpectedly or lock up. Once reset, the iPod should display an Apple logo for a few seconds before showing the main menu. This procedure is similar to rebooting a computer and damages none of your music or data.
Old Oct 30, 2007, 12:31 AM   #3
kajitox
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by samh004 View Post
If you search google there's a way to reset it to factory settings, that might help (probably also tells you how with the included documentation). It'll still be under warranty regardless, so you can take it in for a check-up for free.

From the MacRumors guides:
Interesting. It wouldn't respond to anything I would do with it, even when I tried to reset it, but when I tried the "toggle the hold switch then use the reset method" it worked just fine...why thank you my good sir.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod