Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MikieMikie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 7, 2007
Newton, MA
Well, I finally finished my art collection. :)

I have downloaded a lot of impressionist, post impressionist, surreal and abstract art from the internet. I have formatted and resized it all for use on the :apple:TV.

Each artist has his/her own folder, and you'll find the folder on my iDisk's public folder. I have uploaded it and I invite you to make you :apple:TV experience a different one.

The art is here:
http://idisk.mac.com/mberlyn-Public

Once you download it, you can add it all (by importing) to iPhoto, and then making an album into which you should place all of the art (or those which you like).

On the :apple:TV side of things, my wife and I like to look at each painting for a minimum of 20 seconds, and we like being surprised by what the next piece will be, so we set the slideshow to pick randomly.

I should mention that, due to overscan and the 16:9 aspect ratio, all images have black borders to ensure that overscan does not obscure the edges.

Please enjoy, and let me know if you like.

-- Mikie

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Great stuff. one suggestion would have been to archive zip each folder so that a person wouldn't have to download each file seperatly and then create folders to store them in.

Just laziness on my part :p Many thanks regardless.

(((k)))

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2007
Thanks guy that was cool. Is there no way to download the folder containing all subfolders. I only get the option to download each picture individually. Nice job.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Thanks guy that was cool. Is there no way to download the folder containing all subfolders. I only get the option to download each picture individually. Nice job.

No unfortunetly :eek: Hence my post about simply zipping the folders and posting them on the .mac server to the op!

Shoesy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2007
Colchester, UK.

Just use the Finder option -

Go/iDisk/Other User's Public iDisk Folder

Insert the User name mberlyn

Bang - A finder menu with all the heavenly glories (and some jpegs too)

Thanks mberlyn!

(((k)))

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2007
Just use the Finder option -

Go/iDisk/Other User's Public iDisk Folder

Insert the User name mberlyn

Bang - A finder menu with all the heavenly glories (and some jpegs too)

Thanks mberlyn!
Hey that worked great. Thanks mate.

MikieMikie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 7, 2007
Newton, MA
Uploading a ZIPPED version. Wait for it.

Sorry for the download speed, but that's an iDisk for you.

Also, the morons who uploaded advertising and other crap make me regret my decision to share these images.

I have now set the site to download (read) only. The .ZIP version should simplify downloading.

-- Mikie

billabong

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2004
Cool idea, how to you keep it from showing your regular photos and only the paintings? Also anyone else here miss the movie posters being included in the screen saver. I liked have the music and posters together, seeing as AppleTV isn't just about music. I hope this is fixed in 1.2 update... If we ever get it.

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
Sorry for the download speed, but that's an iDisk for you.

Also, the morons who uploaded advertising and other crap make me regret my decision to share these images.

I have now set the site to download (read) only. The .ZIP version should simplify downloading.

-- Mikie

You can make it even simpler by simply uploading the .zip file to your Sites folder. Then you can simply post a link to the file like this, http://homepage.mac.com/yourusername/art.zip.

MikieMikie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 7, 2007
Newton, MA
You can make it even simpler by simply uploading the .zip file to your Sites folder. Then you can simply post a link to the file like this, http://homepage.mac.com/yourusername/art.zip.

After days of frustration, I am ready to look for a better solution than the iDisk. It cannot "close" files of substantial size and has consistently failed to upload this zip file to my sites folder.

Sigh.

Thanks for the tip, though.

-- Mikie

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.