Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

michaelsaxon

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 15, 2006
I have my web page backed up on iDisk, but I can't figure out how to restore it to my local hard drive so that I can continue work on it. Can someone help me out?

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
If you mean the published site you can't. That is the output, not the source. It's like taking a baked cake and asking how you get the flour back.

arkitect

macrumors 604
Sep 5, 2005
Bath, United Kingdom
Short answer: You're stuffed if you didn't do a backup and AFAIK the only way to do that is to "publish" to a folder on your hard drive.

It is stuff like this that don't get much of a mention when Jobs, Inc. does his RDF at his presentations.
Loads of sizzle and not a lot of meat. (Mind since he is a vegan, that's not surprising, I guess.)

It is a massive — let's be nice and call it an oversight on Apple's part.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
You can't.

iWeb stores your web page in a proprietary file format, when you publish the site, its a one way trip. No way to import your site if you blew away/lost the domain file that iWeb uses.

Did you try looking restoring it from a backup (you do have backups don't you) Its located in ~/Library/Application Support/iWeb

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.