Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cowman007

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 17, 2007
Just a quick question.

I am trying to change my iWork serial. My friend and I bought a computer and we used his iWork 08 copy on it. However now we have two computers and we I need to enter in a new serial on this one. I have tried uninstall and installing the trial but it keeps reverting the original key. I have a legitimate key but I seem to have misplaced my cd. Anything installs will have to be done using the iwork trials. Can anyone help?

PeggyD

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2007
Covington, WA, USA
The iWork serial number is in HD > Library > Preferences > com.apple.iWork.plist (not your user Library). Trash this file & you will be asked to enter the serial number the next time you launch one of the iWork apps.

djejrejk

macrumors 6502a
Jan 3, 2007
Uhh...
You have to delete all of the preferences and plist files as well. App Zapper or Hazel (using app sweep) will do this for you. After you completely uninstall, just pop the disc in and it should work.

They both offer a trial so you could actually just use the trail and not purchase the software, but the ethical thing to do might be to just make the purchase. I prefer hazel because it preforms multiple functions.

Or do what Peggy said..

aayushsaboo

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2008
change serial of Adobe CS3

can some on ehelp me to change the key/serial for adobe premium CS3........

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.