Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Nov 26, 2007, 05:25 PM   #1
sikhiphone
macrumors newbie

How do you delete apps off iphone

i have a iphone with filmware 1.0.2 and i instaled iradio...but i have 1 too many applications and instaler app dosnt show up..how do i delete an app cause i cant see my installer app3

responses are appreciated
thanks in advance
sikhiphone is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2007, 05:35 PM   #2
ajl917
macrumors 6502

Do you have dock or mobilefinder or xlaunch?

If not, you need a file browsing program to try to delete a useless app completely or you might be able to edit your M68AP.plist to show the installer icon again, but the easiest way would be dock, mobilefinder, or xlaunch...
ajl917 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2007, 12:39 PM   #3
sikhiphone
macrumors newbie

how do you instal

how do you instal these without the installer app because i cant scroll down to get to it
Old Nov 27, 2007, 12:41 PM   #4
DenniZ
macrumors 6502a

you can try SSH into your iPhone.

can't remember which folder aps are in though.
Old Nov 27, 2007, 12:41 PM   #5
gillilandboy
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to gillilandboy Send a message via MSN to gillilandboy Send a message via Skype™ to gillilandboy
You can SSH in to the iPhone and go to the Applications folder and find the program folder and delete it. Once you have done that restart your iPhone and it should be gone.
gillilandboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2007, 01:49 PM   #6
darngooddesign
macrumors G3

If all esle fails just restore your phone and make sure you install Summerboard and/or Finder.
Old Nov 27, 2007, 05:16 PM   #7
sikhiphone
macrumors newbie

how do u open ssh? i am using windows ....
Old Nov 27, 2007, 06:25 PM   #8
ajl917
macrumors 6502

Unless you had OpenSSH installed in your installer folder, I think you are out of luck. If you have a file browsing system, go to System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app and save your M68AP.plist. Upload it here and I can hopefully change the order your apps to show Installer...

OR

With your filebrowsing system, go to the Applications folder, make a new folder named XLaunch.app
Inside there, add the files below after you unzip the folder and highlight all of the files and set the permissions to 0755. Restart your phone, and hopefully it will install on your springboard and you can show/hide your icons till your fix your problem.

http://ericasadun.com/ftp/Applicatio...aunch-0.17.zip

Either way, just please install Dock

Last edited by ajl917; Nov 27, 2007 at 06:33 PM.
ajl917 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2007, 12:31 PM   #9
cdavi060
macrumors regular

so yall are saying there is no way to just delete apps i dont want? a little more help explaining what to do would be great....
cdavi060 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2007, 01:40 PM   #10
Eric Lewis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdavi060 View Post
so yall are saying there is no way to just delete apps i dont want? a little more help explaining what to do would be great....
install mobile finder

and then go to applications and delete away...then reboot

there gone
Eric Lewis is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2007, 04:35 PM   #11
cdavi060
macrumors regular

I've been uninstalling using the uninstall button in installer seems to work and is real easy
cdavi060 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2009, 01:26 PM   #12
markdrinkard
macrumors newbie

It's Apple. It's not that complicated

I have an iPhone and was wondering how to delete some voice recording apps I had installed. I don't need them anymore since it is now part of the new 3.0 OS. I read the suggestions listed on this page and it sounded like Greek and it occurred to me that it is Apple we are talking about here. It's not a complicated Windows thing. I just opened iTunes plugged in my phone and unchecked the apps (on the Application Tab in iTunes) I wanted it to sync which were the 2 voice recording apps and bingo, they are no longer on my phone.
markdrinkard is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2009, 01:41 PM   #13
Vegastouch
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by markdrinkard View Post
I have an iPhone and was wondering how to delete some voice recording apps I had installed. I don't need them anymore since it is now part of the new 3.0 OS. I read the suggestions listed on this page and it sounded like Greek and it occurred to me that it is Apple we are talking about here. It's not a complicated Windows thing. I just opened iTunes plugged in my phone and unchecked the apps (on the Application Tab in iTunes) I wanted it to sync which were the 2 voice recording apps and bingo, they are no longer on my phone.
You just delete the app you dont want out of itunes in your app section and plug in your phone and when it tells you an app on your phone is not in your itunes you tell it to NOT transfer and it will deletet it from your phone.

Same thing if you download an app to your phone, with your phone. If you dont like it, plug your phone into itunes and it will say you have app(s) on your phone that isnt in itunes and will ask if you want to transfer. Click dont transfer and it will delete it.
Vegastouch is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks