Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Nov 27, 2007, 01:41 AM   #1
Daiden
macrumors 6502a

Save Files From Email To Your iPhone?

Is this possible? Say I get a picture from a friend through my e-mail. Do any 3rd party applications offer the option to allow me to save this picture (or whatever file) somewhere on my iPhone?

I've been out of the loop for awhile, not sure if this is possible yet (or already possible?). Would be awesome if it was since MobileFinder can e-mail any file you have on your phone to someone else... Just makes syncing with my Mac one less step to worry about.
Daiden is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2007, 03:48 PM   #2
tonybeyondo
macrumors member

There's a program in installer called iShare that you can upload and download any file. The only caveat is that you have to register and use SendSpace.com

Small price to pay (FREE) for being able to actually download files to the iPhone/iPod touch directly!
tonybeyondo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2010, 03:57 PM   #3
mikejfrd
macrumors regular

Any new information on saving files such as word docs and excel spread sheets to the iphone? As of now I just email everything to myself and access them from email. Saving it to the phone would be much easier.

Thanks
mikejfrd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2010, 04:00 PM   #4
aelalfy
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejfrd View Post
Any new information on saving files such as word docs and excel spread sheets to the iphone? As of now I just email everything to myself and access them from email. Saving it to the phone would be much easier.

Thanks
You guys are in a hacks sections so i can suppose you are jailbroken. Anyways download Safari download manager, that should do everything you want. Along with iFile to view the files you saved at anytime. Its the best combination to date that I know of.

Thanks
AE
Old Sep 12, 2010, 04:13 PM   #5
mikejfrd
macrumors regular

Yeah thats my bad... I'm not jail broken. I searched this thread instead of making a new one and I didnt notice that I was in the hacks section.

Any way to do it if i'm not JB?

Thanks
mikejfrd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2010, 04:14 PM   #6
doboy
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejfrd;

Thanks
If you have picture attachment, you can hold down on the picture to save to camera roll. For office docs you can use GoodReader. You hold down on the doc attachment and open with GoodReader and it should be saved and opened with GoodReader.
doboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks