Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrsollars

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2006
agreed. with all of the issues with leopard, i'm waiting to use time machine and my external. don't want to risk losing the image library.

(i should probably burn to dvd's)

yeroen

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Yes, where is Aperture 2.0? I've been waiting along time.

Enough already with all the iPods, iPhones, iShavers, iToasters and iCrockPots, Apple; move Aperture and other "pro" oriented items to the front of the priority queue.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
I, too, am eagerly awaiting an Aperture update so that I can postprocess my RAW images from the D300 (and eventually the D3) in it!!! I am currently using Bridge and CS3 to do my PP but I really prefer the workflow I have with Photo Mechanic and Aperture. I also have waited to upgrade my Mac Pro to Leopard because of the reported issues with Aperture, Time Machine and Leopard.... While all the other machines in the house are purring happily along with Leopard, the Mac Pro still has the Tiger in its tank!

Roy Hobbs

macrumors 68000
Apr 29, 2005
I, too, am eagerly awaiting an Aperture update so that I can postprocess my RAW images from the D300 (and eventually the D3) in it!!! I am currently using Bridge and CS3 to do my PP but I really prefer the workflow I have with Photo Mechanic and Aperture. I also have waited to upgrade my Mac Pro to Leopard because of the reported issues with Aperture, Time Machine and Leopard.... While all the other machines in the house are purring happily along with Leopard, the Mac Pro still has the Tiger in its tank!

I'm curious what does Photo Mechanic offer that Aperture doesn't??

rotlex

macrumors 6502a
May 1, 2003
PA
Could not agree more. It's time. Let's hope they are actually working on the product, putting a decent emphasis on it's performance as well. Aperture is my life's blood for photography, but I'm tired of needed a machine that hasn't even been produced yet to run it smoothly. :)

That said, I'd pay anything for an update. I love the product, and truly look forward to some innovation.

yeroen

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2007
Cambridge, MA
What I'd like to see most in Aperture 2.0 is an extension of the Aperture API beyond the current (trivial) import/export functionality and towards a full-fledged image-processing plugin-architecture. I also use DXO heavily for post-processing work and it's has hooks into Lightroom that allow it to iterate over your Lightroom photo libraries. In Aperture, I either have to manually export the original or store it as a referenced image, and import-and-stack the DXO corrected jpegs back into my aperture project. Because of this, I find myself eyeing Lightroom these days, even though I use and prefer Aperture for almost everything else.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.