Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Dec 3, 2007, 01:11 PM   #1
metoo6000
macrumors regular

Could not save call waiting setting (UK OOB 112)

Hi guys,

I cannot turn on the call waiting function in the phone preference (setting->phone->call waiting).
When I trying to turn it on, I get an error "Could not save call waiting setting".

I tried *43# and I got bunch of failing error messages.
Anyone has same problem? How can I enable the call waiting function?

I use O2 PAYG sim.

Thx.

Last edited by metoo6000; Dec 3, 2007 at 01:20 PM.
metoo6000 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2007, 03:10 PM   #2
Phil A.
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by metoo6000 View Post
Hi guys,

I cannot turn on the call waiting function in the phone preference (setting->phone->call waiting).
When I trying to turn it on, I get an error "Could not save call waiting setting".

I tried *43# and I got bunch of failing error messages.
Anyone has same problem? How can I enable the call waiting function?

I use O2 PAYG sim.

Thx.
Does call waiting work with that sim in another phone? It could be something that's not available on PAYG
Phil A. is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2007, 04:13 PM   #3
metoo6000
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. View Post
Does call waiting work with that sim in another phone? It could be something that's not available on PAYG
I don't have an extra phone to check it, but will try this weekend. My girlfriend's uses simplicity sim and her iphone also can't enable call waiting function.

If it is a contract only feature then I should forget about it, but hope it is not.

By the way, thanks for the info.
Old Dec 3, 2007, 04:48 PM   #4
metoo6000
macrumors regular

I found this from O2 website.

"Call waiting lets you take another call when you’re already on the phone. Just dial *43# [send] and you’ll be able to see if someone’s trying to get through when you’re already on a call. It’s free to all O2 customers."

http://www.o2.co.uk/business/corpora...ls#callwaiting

So this means my iphone's setting is not correct... Since *43# [send] doesn't work I don't know how to solve it. Anyone has an idea?
Old Dec 3, 2007, 06:18 PM   #5
gazzzmoly
macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48a Safari/419.3)

it works fine on my contract sim.

Both ways if I type *43# I get a list of settings that are enabled maybe it is down to a specific way that an iPhone sim works with the iPhone. Also from what I rememebr with my wifes old pay as you go phone advanced features like call waiting ans call divert etc where only available on contract

Last edited by gazzzmoly; Dec 3, 2007 at 06:19 PM.
gazzzmoly is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2007, 02:13 AM   #6
metoo6000
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzzmoly View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48a Safari/419.3)

Also from what I rememebr with my wifes old pay as you go phone advanced features like call waiting ans call divert etc where only available on contract
As I mentioned in the above post, O2 site stated that 'call waiting' is free for all O2 customers. So it should work for payg sim...
Old Dec 6, 2007, 07:51 AM   #7
metoo6000
macrumors regular

Anyone, who use simplicity or payg O2 sim, can use 'call waiting' function?
I still couldn't figure out how to solve it.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting