Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sWaltuo

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 25, 2007
Ok .. So .. I was planning on waiting till Macworld to buy an :apple:tv! BUT, I plan on taking online classes during the summer and I travel ALOT during the summer. My laptop is about 7 yrs old, it was the first white iBook made. It is about at the end of its life and I am thinking about getting a macbook also. I figured if I wait till Macworld and buy a low-end Macbook instead of a :apple:tv then I could just hook the Macbook up to the tv and use front row?

Is this a good idea or should I wait until Macworld to see what is updated and then make my decision?

Any response is welcome:apple:

Spanky Deluxe

macrumors demi-god
Mar 17, 2005
London, UK
Definitely get a MacBook over and AppleTV. The old G3 iBooks are just way too slow these days for anything but the most basic tasks. Even internet's a struggle on them now due to the sheer amount of Flash media.

Don't you think it would be a tad silly to have a set top box (Apple TV) that's significantly more powerful than your actual computer?!! :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.