Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Techguy172

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 2, 2007
Ontario Canada
Ok, So here's the deal I'm looking for speakers for my Mac and They can be 2.1 or 5.1 doesn't matter too much. But it has to be in the $0-200 range They don't have to be audiophile quality it just has to sound pretty good.

Megatron

macrumors regular
Nov 19, 2005
The best set I've heard (and what I currently use now) for ~$150 is the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

Bose Companion 3 also sounds good also but it costs $250.

Cave Man

macrumors 604
Ok, So here's the deal I'm looking for speakers for my Mac and They can be 2.1 or 5.1 doesn't matter too much. But it has to be in the $0-200 range They don't have to be audiophile quality it just has to sound pretty good.

For $240 you can get an Onkyo HTIB with digital optical input. Get a Toslink cable and you're talking some serious sound - Dolby Digital and DTS true 5.1 surround. Not to mention the half of your home theater/entertainment system that would rock the walls. This unit is the successor to the one I use in my sig.

thegoldenmackid

macrumors 604
Dec 29, 2006
dallas, texas
The Logitech's will blow away any pure computer speaker. Heavy Bass good for movies, hip-hop and games...but if that's not your interest monitors or some cheaper options would be smarter.

I vote (once again) for the Altec Lansing FX6021

razyorv

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2007
If you want to go frugal, Logitech's R-10 speakers have great sound for small inexpensive speakers. They lack good bass, but overall they're great speakers. 1000x better when you're used to hearing your MacBook's teeny speakers!

MrGeePee

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2007
UK
l23-7098-main1.jpg

Logitech Z-4i

They come in White to suit the Mac, and with fantastic sound quality for a very good price.

bijou

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2007
l23-7098-main1.jpg

Logitech Z-4i

They come in White to suit the Mac, and with fantastic sound quality for a very good price.

I've been using this set for awhile and think they sound awesome and are a great bargain!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.