Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jan 16, 2008, 03:53 PM   #1
andresico2
macrumors newbie

Unhappy Iphone stuck on recovery mode, i don't want to restore it to 1.1.3 though. HELP

OK, so i've successfully jailbroken a couple 1.1.2 iphones, including mine. I was helping out a friend, did the whole routine, but once i tried to update i realized that I couldn't do it because it would update to 1.1.3.

I panicked, and unplugged it and now its stuck on the recover screen. I decided to try to restore it using 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 but I get an error screen, and cannot continue. i DONT want to restore to 1.1.3, what should i do?!!?
andresico2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2008, 05:14 PM   #2
draperm25
macrumors regular

Send a message via MSN to draperm25
try getting out of recovery mode like you did with (Windows) ibrickr (Mac)independence. Perhaps thats all you may need to do.
White 16gb iPhone 4
draperm25 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2008, 01:40 PM   #3
dsgalit
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andresico2 View Post
OK, so i've successfully jailbroken a couple 1.1.2 iphones, including mine. I was helping out a friend, did the whole routine, but once i tried to update i realized that I couldn't do it because it would update to 1.1.3.

I panicked, and unplugged it and now its stuck on the recover screen. I decided to try to restore it using 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 but I get an error screen, and cannot continue. i DONT want to restore to 1.1.3, what should i do?!!?
First try downloading the 1.1.2.ipsw restore file then put it somewhere you can find it on your desktop perhaps, next open itunes let it find the phone, then instead of clicking restore, you would press the shift key + restore and manually install the 1.1.2.ipsw file you just downloaded and let itunes do the rest.
dsgalit is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2008, 09:44 PM   #4
mikeyjune
macrumors newbie

try exiting recovery mode?

to exit from recovery mode download a program called iLiberty+ (for mac or windows)

then go to Advanced->Exit Recovery Mode

worked for me... i hope it works for you, too
mikeyjune is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2009, 09:52 PM   #5
andrewwg94
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyjune View Post
to exit from recovery mode download a program called iLiberty+ (for mac or windows)

then go to Advanced->Exit Recovery Mode

worked for me... i hope it works for you, too
i already found the answer, but thanks anyway: http://www.ihackintosh.com/2009/09/r...ery-mode-loop/

i knew i did this when i downgraded to 3.0.
andrewwg94 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2009, 06:16 AM   #6
army91c
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewwg94 View Post
i already found the answer, but thanks anyway: http://www.ihackintosh.com/2009/09/r...ery-mode-loop/

i knew i did this when i downgraded to 3.0.
iphone 3gs with 2 year contract $199.0
Blackra1n for jailbreaking $0.00
Responding to a 2 year old thread, Priceless.

Reading comprehension is free you just need to use it, for every thing else there's Master Card.
army91c is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting