Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jan 17, 2008, 06:22 PM   #1
kevin86
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Power Cord Falling Out

Hi, I just bought a brand new Apple TV and I having having a very difficult time with the power cord believe it or not.

Is there some trick for getting it to stay in the hole? It's not magsafe is it?

I try to push it all the way in but it won't go. When I just rest it in the hole it falls out very easily.

HELP!! What am I doing wrong.
kevin86 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2008, 06:27 PM   #2
imlucid
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin86 View Post
Hi, I just bought a brand new Apple TV and I having having a very difficult time with the power cord believe it or not.

Is there some trick for getting it to stay in the hole? It's not magsafe is it?

I try to push it all the way in but it won't go. When I just rest it in the hole it falls out very easily.

HELP!! What am I doing wrong.
The powercord should fit pretty snugly (It takes some effort to get in and out).

If the white portion at the end is not completely hidden when you push it in, its not in far enough. If it IS all the way in and you are having this issue, it would be a hardware problem.

Kevin
__________________
-- Kevin Arnold
-- CouchPotato Software Engineer
-- High Tech Luddite searching for simpler times...
-- My job IS my hobby
HT Equipment
imlucid is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2008, 06:41 PM   #3
kevin86
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by imlucid View Post
The powercord should fit pretty snugly (It takes some effort to get in and out).

If the white portion at the end is not completely hidden when you push it in, its not in far enough. If it IS all the way in and you are having this issue, it would be a hardware problem.

Kevin
Thanks. I just got it working but the power cord is barely holding on. It's really weird.
kevin86 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2008, 07:08 PM   #4
badtzmaru
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Yeah the power cord should fit snugly inside. It should not be loose at all.
badtzmaru is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2008, 07:09 PM   #5
imlucid
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: May 2007
I would take it into an Apple Store if there is one near you. They would most likely just swap it out.

Kevin
__________________
-- Kevin Arnold
-- CouchPotato Software Engineer
-- High Tech Luddite searching for simpler times...
-- My job IS my hobby
HT Equipment
imlucid is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2008, 07:22 PM   #6
kevin86
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by imlucid View Post
I would take it into an Apple Store if there is one near you. They would most likely just swap it out.

Kevin
Maybe I will bring it by tomorrow. It kind of sucks because I just bought it. I don't feel like going back out. Thanks for the help.
kevin86 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2008, 01:40 PM   #7
kevin86
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Kevin, thanks for the advice. I took the AppleTV back today and they did say it is defective. The replaced it with the last 40gb they had in stock.

This time the power cord is very snug, but it fits!!

Also, the person told me "don't forget to install the update when you get home". Guess he's jumping the gun a little bit.
kevin86 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2008, 03:31 PM   #8
imlucid
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: May 2007
Glad they replaced it. I've never seen one with that issue (and I've used a bunch).

Kevin
__________________
-- Kevin Arnold
-- CouchPotato Software Engineer
-- High Tech Luddite searching for simpler times...
-- My job IS my hobby
HT Equipment
imlucid is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
power cord selling grim103 Mac mini 0 Sep 18, 2011 09:41 PM
What's best? Leaving your recharged MBP on the power cord or plug it out? Ulf1103 Mac Basics and Help 3 Aug 13, 2011 03:04 PM
Apple Time Capsule Power Cord and AEBS Power Cord Aboo Mac Peripherals 0 Dec 25, 2009 11:09 AM
Can a power cord short out, and if it can would that cause a macbook to turn off. natatos Mac Basics and Help 2 Jun 11, 2009 11:32 PM
New penryn MBP, used power cord, battery cycle =1 out of box. Normal or wrong? biggreenapple MacBook Pro 9 Nov 19, 2008 01:40 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:56 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC