Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tomf87

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 10, 2003
Anyone know of a stable simple HTML editor that includes HTML help?

I know I could use DreamWeaver but I really don't feel like forking over that kind of money to just monkey around in HTML. I don't think I would benefit that much from it either, since I want to learn the coding myself.

FattyMembrane

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2002
bat country
taco html edit is my favorite editor. it includes syntax highlighting, an image-map wizard, and live preview (and it's free). if you're looking for a gui editor, the mozilla suite includes a graphical html editor. for help with HTML and XHTML (like chealion said, xhtml is the way to go), try w3 schools, they have great free tutorials on xhtml, javascript, css, dom, xsl, etc.

Codemonkey

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2002
Edmonton
Originally posted by FattyMembrane
taco html edit is my favorite editor. it includes syntax highlighting, an image-map wizard, and live preview (and it's free). if you're looking for a gui editor, the mozilla suite includes a graphical html editor. for help with HTML and XHTML (like chealion said, xhtml is the way to go), try w3 schools, they have great free tutorials on xhtml, javascript, css, dom, xsl, etc.

+1 on everything FattyMembrane (ew) says. I use Taco as my BBEdit replacement at home for contracting, etc. and w3schools.com for *all* of my HTML reference. and http://www.irt.org for my javascript reference and tutorials, etc.

However, if you're looking for a WYSIWYG editor a la Dreamweaver, I don't know of a single app that comes close. I forked out $1200 CAD for Studio MX about a year ago, but I'm a contractor...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.