Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

themanfromvlad

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 11, 2006
Montreal
Bought a 40 GB refurb the day after take two announced. I am very pleased, the refurb is super cheap and I can't wait for the update. FedEx says mine should arrive Monday. It'll be interesting to try it out pre and post update.

gotohamish

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2001
BKLN
Bought a 40 GB refurb the day after take two announced. I am very pleased, the refurb is super cheap and I can't wait for the update. FedEx says mine should arrive Monday. It'll be interesting to try it out pre and post update.

I picked one up at the SoHo store in New York. I got the 40GB too, since I'll just be streaming from it. Love it so far, and can't wait for the update and the forum posts on ripping with 5.1.

Alfie

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2004
South Dakota
I bought a 160 GB Apple TV on the day of the ATV2 announcement. I already had a 40 GB in my family room, but I wanted another one for the living room upstairs, especially now that rentals are coming. I prefer the bigger drive so that I can sync everything from my main computer and don't have to worry about having the computer on and iTunes open.

dborja

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2007
Northern California
I ordered an 40GB refurb right after ATV Take 2 was announced. 'Just did some research first to confirm that hardware is the same. Got it Friday and enjoying it already; will enjoy it even more once the upgrade software comes...:)

AnonymousCoward

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2007
got a 160. should have got one a long time ago, i didn't know what i was missing. it is amazing device even before the new software upgrade. can't wait for ability to rent SD, HD, and flickr integration.

RumMunkey

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2006
Canada
Haven't actually bought it yet (waiting for vacation pay), but DECIDED to buy it just after Take 2 was announced.

Should have it next week.

Going to get the 40GB and mostly stream form my iMac.

NewtypeCJ

macrumors 6502
Feb 27, 2005
Seattle, WA
Bought one on Stevenote day as well. The 160GB model. I like it a lot but would like it more if TV shows could be purchased in HD. Especially LOST.

Rm.237

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2008
Somewhere
So if I ordered an Apple TV 40gb yesterday will I receive the new box or old one? Any difference outside of the packaging and software that would be a difference?

Sambean

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2002
So if I ordered an Apple TV 40gb yesterday will I receive the new box or old one? Any difference outside of the packaging and software that would be a difference?

They are the same from what I understand......there will be a software update only.:apple:

ibglowin

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2005
My 40GB Refurbed arrived on Friday

Works perfect. Very Happy and can't wait for the software update.

Harpy007

macrumors regular
Dec 31, 2006
I purchased a refurb 40g Friday and Fed Ex says it should be here on Tuesday, i can't wait! :D

radpanic

macrumors member
Sep 5, 2007
Get this:

I ordered a 40gb refurb last tuesday(day of Stevenote) it arrived on Thursday. Awesome right? Well it gets better. Even though I ordered and paid for a refurb($199+tax), they sent me a brand new TV! It came in full retail packaging unlike refurbs that come in plain brown boxes. I am loving the TV! It is definitely one of my favorite Apple products. I can't wait for the update next week.

Phil A.

Moderator emeritus
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

went to the local Apple store and picked a 160GB one up today. Using component video as my tv only has one HDMI port and my cable box is using it. Very impressed with it so far: picture quality is great (my tv is only 720p) and it was dead easy to set up. wish I'd got one earlier now :)

ruud

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2004
Ordered a new 40GB model yesterday.

(my company has an employee discount with Apple which doesn't apply to refurbished items, and the difference between discounted-new and refurbished wasn't worth it to me)

- Ruud

Sambean

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2002
Ordered a new 40GB model yesterday.

(my company has an employee discount with Apple which doesn't apply to refurbished items, and the difference between discounted-new and refurbished wasn't worth it to me)

- Ruud

I just tried the Xtreme Mac HDMI switcher and I cannot get any video just audio from my Comcast box....GRRRRR

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.