Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > General Mac Discussion

Old Oct 17, 2003, 04:03 PM   #1
Macaddict16
macrumors member

iBook problems...

I have had an iBook for almost a year and it has been in for repair twice for the exact same problem. I know other companies do this but has anyone ever heard of Apple letting you get a new product after so many repairs? It is really pissing me off because last time it took 2 weeks to get my iBook back!

Macaddict16
Macaddict16 is offline   0
Old Oct 17, 2003, 04:17 PM   #2
CrackedButter
macrumors 68040

And the problem is...
Old Oct 17, 2003, 08:56 PM   #3
isd_glory
macrumors member

Yeah, eventually Apple will allow you the chance for a replacement. Its kinda sketchy to argue for a replacement after just two repairs though, even if it is a pretty major repair. Only after the logic board in my iBook 800 died for the *fourth* time did customer support gladly offer me a replacement. I bet I could have argued it at the third failure, but I was definately told by several customer support reps that two failures isnt quite enough.

Another thing to remember if they ever grant a replacement is their "paid upgrade" option. Basically, they'll credit you back for the laptop (without upgrades) and allow you the option to send them a cashier's check so you could get something else. After four logic board failures I no longer trusted the current iBook line, so I sent Apple a big, fat check to upgrade me to a 15" Powerbook. Although, from what I've heard, those are having their issues as well...

-nick
isd_glory is offline   0
Old Oct 17, 2003, 10:10 PM   #4
Macaddict16
macrumors member

my iBooks display has gone out twice. From what I know about laptop displays they can be pretty pricey. Thanks for the info on the paid upgrade option, just after i bought my iBook is when they releases the 12" PowerBook and I want one of those.
Macaddict16 is offline   0
Old Oct 20, 2003, 01:51 AM   #5
yoda13
macrumors 65816

my iBook has been in three times for a bad logic board. I was told that if it happens again that I would be able to get a new one. So I guess that four is the number

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > General Mac Discussion