Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Jan 28, 2008, 04:42 AM   #1
bigwig
macrumors 6502a

Can't Edit Podcast Titles in iTunes

I'm trying to get rid of an offending "TipsSmart" (no spaces, I hate that) in the title. I can bring up the info window, and I can change the Album name, which does in fact change the name of the relevant directory in the iTunes library. Unfortunately, when I go back to look at my iTunes subscriptions the name of the podcast doesn't change. In fact, the name of the podcast is comprised of text that's not contained in any file in my iTunes library. I can't figure out where it gets the name so I can edit it.
bigwig is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2008, 04:55 AM   #2
samh004
macrumors 68020

You could try using something like Lostify to change the title instead.
Old Jan 28, 2008, 08:26 AM   #3
bigwig
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by samh004 View Post
You could try using something like Lostify to change the title instead.
It's not a metadata problem. The podcast title (as opposed to the title of each individual recording) isn't part of the metadata. The Album Name, while initially the same as the podcast's title, isn't used by iTunes as the title even though you can set it.
bigwig is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2008, 03:03 PM   #4
skybolt
macrumors 6502a

Are podcast titles not copyrighted? I would think they are. If so, that is why you can't change them.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 03:07 PM   #5
bigwig
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by skybolt View Post
Are podcast titles not copyrighted? I would think they are. If so, that is why you can't change them.
I'm not changing the title on the iTunes server, only on my local subscription. It's no different, really, than having a name for a Bookmark in your browser that's different than the actual page title that appears when you navigate to the page.
bigwig is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2010, 04:10 AM   #6
csilverlv
macrumors newbie

Hi ~ How did you fix the title change? Thanks Christine

Hi ~ How did you fix the title change? Thanks Christine

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwig View Post
I'm trying to get rid of an offending "TipsSmart" (no spaces, I hate that) in the title. I can bring up the info window, and I can change the Album name, which does in fact change the name of the relevant directory in the iTunes library. Unfortunately, when I go back to look at my iTunes subscriptions the name of the podcast doesn't change. In fact, the name of the podcast is comprised of text that's not contained in any file in my iTunes library. I can't figure out where it gets the name so I can edit it.
csilverlv is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help