Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

florio

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 20, 2003
Castlegar, BC Canada
Considering Apple's marketshare and worldy place.....

I am consoled by the fact that in a some parallel universe, everyone is seeing the light and Apple actually is dominant. Its just to bad I am not living there, or able to see it.

I just hope that I also am living in a universe where Apple continues to get better and stays around at least while I'm around.

For, we could be in a universe where Steve Jobs dies next year and Apple goes away....the possibilites are endless.

Anyways, I hope that wasn't to crazy of a post. Just had to get that out there.

Flo

applemacdude

macrumors 68040
Mar 26, 2001
Over The Rainbow
Yeah anything could happen, like tommorow a huge meteor could hit earth and wipe us all out....Apple does have a future without Steve but the leader would have to be a real visuary person...maybe woz?;)

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Re: Re: My Consolation

Originally posted by MacsRgr8
do you really want Apple to be dominant?
Actually no. IMO if Apple were as big as MS they would be hit by just as many viri etc, it is mainly because of the small % of Mac systems out there that currently hackers etc do not bother with attacking them. And I'd like it to stay that way :D

MacsRgr8

macrumors G3
Sep 8, 2002
The Netherlands
Re: Re: Re: My Consolation

Originally posted by edesignuk
Actually no. IMO if Apple were as big as MS they would be hit by just as many viri etc, it is mainly because of the small % of Mac systems out there that currently hackers etc do not bother with attacking them. And I'd like it to stay that way :D

I do believe that if OS X were as widespread as Windows that Mac OS X would be less "infected" than Windows is at the moment, but it would be significantly more "affected by attacks" than OS X now, that's a fact.
But I like chosing for a Mac to be a real choice. Not a formality when buying a PC. I think you can safely assume that a person who choses for the Mac platform has really thought about his choice, as that person would definitely know about "the other side".
I wouldn't like that to be the other way round. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.