Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pittopitto

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 31, 2008
Sydney, Australia
Hiya guys...

I know it was already posted a similar thread before about PDF Creator (freeware version), but my problem is quite different...

I need to print from any application to a image format (GIF, JPG, TIFF and most importantly PNG). I was an ex Windows user and I was using a lot PDF Creator to print tables and graphs from Excel to PNG. I found it quite useful. Now that I have switched to Mac OS X, I kept looking around for a free and open source program that does a job similar as PDF Creator... So far I have found one and it wasn't freeware/Open Source

Does someone of you guys know for a free (and :apple: mac :apple:) version of PDF Creator?? :confused:

Many Thanks

killmoms

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
Durham, NC
You can print from any application in OS X to PDF natively. It's a built-in capability. :confused:

In the lower-left of every Print dialog is a "PDF" button, you can save to a PDF and then convert to any format you want using Preview (the default OS X PDF/image viewer).

Osarkon

macrumors 68020
Aug 30, 2006
Wales
Instead of trying to save it as a pdf, click Preview, and when Preview loads up, goto File - Save As and change it to .png.

Works for websites as I just tested it, might work for what you're trying to do. :)

CliffHanger

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2007
I think you can use Preview for this. Save your Document as a PDF, open the PDF up in Preview and do a Save As... Then just select what type of image format you want from the Format pull down....

pittopitto

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 31, 2008
Sydney, Australia
What can I say.... ????

That's SIMPLY fantastic!!!! Big thanks you guys!!!

I have heard that Automator can make the work simpler, instead of opening preview -> save as... -> PNG format 1000 times, I may find something more automatic.

Gotta learn Automator!!!

Thanks!!!

davidm71

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2008
PDF printing in mac leopord from webpage missing images

Does anyone know why some images are missing in the pdf file when you print to pdf from the web browser?

Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.