Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Old Feb 1, 2008, 07:15 AM   #1
byke
macrumors 6502a

My Concerns

While I ultimately would have wanted a 13" MBP , it doesnt seem to be available. So I have been thinking about a MBA .... but I have these concerns.

When the first CD1 MBP came out, I bought one .... and had numerous amounts of issues. The main being electric shocks & a very hot laptop. Both these issues where never fixed by apple, even though I took it back and forth for repair at least 6 times for the same issues , it seems it was a design issue that caused these problems and I was forced to sell it and get a Blackbook.

Now I like the blackbook, but the screen & the keys are a big issue for me.
So I want to sell my macbook and get a MBA, but am concerned that as its a first release of this design that it will have issues similar to my old MBP.

So when someone does receive their MBA please tell me if electric shocks or heat play a key role.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 08:05 AM   #2
Cheffy Dave
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by byke View Post
While I ultimately would have wanted a 13" MBP , it doesnt seem to be available. So I have been thinking about a MBA .... but I have these concerns.

When the first CD1 MBP came out, I bought one .... and had numerous amounts of issues. The main being electric shocks & a very hot laptop. Both these issues where never fixed by apple, even though I took it back and forth for repair at least 6 times for the same issues , it seems it was a design issue that caused these problems and I was forced to sell it and get a Blackbook.

Now I like the blackbook, but the screen & the keys are a big issue for me.
So I want to sell my macbook and get a MBA, but am concerned that as its a first release of this design that it will have issues similar to my old MBP.

So when someone does receive their MBA please tell me if electric shocks or heat play a key role.
I have devoured every bit of information I could find on the MBA, and no where have I read any of your concerns. My advice, keep reading everything and then go for it
Old Feb 1, 2008, 09:12 AM   #3
elmo151

sit back and wait a month or so. with a few thousand MBA's delivered all of the warts should be evident. You will also be able to get hands on time at your local apple store.
elmo151 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air