Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ryuukumori

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 18, 2008
So a friend of mine brought his MBA over top my house and it looked amazing. I really enjoyed the performance of it. I only found one thing a little odd.

When I opened Photo Booth, I saw the view on the camera quite fuzzy. I don't know if it is the constant rub from a thumb opening the MBA up or the somewhat poorer quality. Have any of you seen fuzzy performance on the iSight Camera? Just wondering.

chp5592

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2007
Read somewhere that the the macbook air camera is of vga quality, 640x480 instead of the megapixel of the other camera.

dthree36

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2008
had the same issue

I have the MBA 1.8 SSD and I had the same problem. For a while I thought that the camera was broken but I hate the base install so I blasted it and after a clean install, the Camera looked normal.

richard371

macrumors 68040
Feb 1, 2008
yea it sucks

they prob had to use a thinner diff cam. i don't use it much and the other stuff makes up for it

I have the MBA 1.8 SSD and I had the same problem. For a while I thought that the camera was broken but I hate the base install so I blasted it and after a clean install, the Camera looked normal.

dahcheet

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2008
Harrisburg, PA
are your light conditions low? mine is a little grainy during low light conditions.

I have the same thing. When I first took my pic for the address book at work with good lighting it turned out well. When I got home with not nearly as many florescent lights, it was grainy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.