Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics

Old Feb 7, 2008, 10:11 PM   #1
Wee Beastie
macrumors regular

Random issue with AI CS3..any thoughts?

I've been noticing a weird behavior in AI CS3. Say I open a new doc and specify the dimensions 500px by 500px and select the appropriate resolution for the project, my doc will open with crop area defined instead of an artboard. When I take a peek at the document setup it always reads 14400 x 14400 px even if the dimensions I define are not square. Basically each time I open a document I have to go back and fix the dimensions, etc. in the document setup window.

Anyone else noticing this? I did a quick search of the forum and didn't see any related posts. Thoughts, suggestions, harsh criticisms? Thanks!

wee
Old Feb 8, 2008, 06:41 AM   #2
JasonElise1983
macrumors 6502a

do you have your document settings set to "web" when you create a new document? I don't know why, but that is how their web setting works in CS3. I always set it to print, then change it to RGB if i'm doing web work. IT's easier that way.

-JE
JasonElise1983 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2008, 09:52 AM   #3
Wee Beastie
macrumors regular

Thanks. I'm mostly just checking to see if others are experiencing the same thing. This must be a bug. It's not hard to go back and set up the document again--just a bit annoying--I think I'll live. Well thanks again!
Old Feb 8, 2008, 10:09 AM   #4
JasonElise1983
macrumors 6502a

actually, i don't think it's a bug. I think it's on purpose. The TV & Video Profile does it too, but with a lot of video specific guides. I think i read somewhere why they did these this way, but i just can't think of where.

-JE
JasonElise1983 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2008, 01:52 PM   #5
Wee Beastie
macrumors regular

I would be very curious to hear why this behavior is advantageous. When I create a new document I would like it to appear according to my specifications. Maybe it's me but it seems a bit counterintuitive to have AI automatically change it. If I wanted it to be 14400 x 14400 px I would specify it.

WHY???!!!

dramatic, I know

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics