Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SCMedic

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 8, 2008
I tried Camino and Firefox this morning, and neither support mulit-touch.. Are you all relegated to using Safari? Or does anyone really care?

tersono

macrumors 68000
Jan 18, 2005
UK
It's early days for Multi-Touch. In time - especially once all of Apple's laptops have MT keypards - I'm sure most apps will support it, but for now it's really only going to be Apple's own software...

SCMedic

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 8, 2008
And that's what I figured.. Yet I still see everyone talking about firefox... Isn't that one of the features that made you buy the MBA? Or is it all form?

tersono

macrumors 68000
Jan 18, 2005
UK
Oh, I'm sure that other developers will get on board - in a year's time we'll be seeing a lot of apps that use MT, I'm sure (possibly not that long if the MBP MT update happens soon).

Firefox has always been a bit slow to pick up on new Mac tech, though, so don't hold yer breath... ;)

In the meantime, the Air is still a fabulous piece of kit...

MazingerZ

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2007
And that's what I figured.. Yet I still see everyone talking about firefox... Isn't that one of the features that made you buy the MBA? Or is it all form?

I dumped firefox on my MBA to exclusively use Safari for my web browsing needs so I can take advantage of the multi-touch gestures.

Its funny, last night, I fired up my Dell Latitude X1 and was trying to use the multi touch gestures on it. :D

SCMedic

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 8, 2008
Ha! I do that all the time with other people's phones..

<-------iPhone :)

ahaxton

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2008
I've been using Safari now since I can use all the gestures. I don't miss firefox, I actually like this Leopard version of Safari just fine. To me I don't notice any differences.

duffyanneal

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2008
ATL
I've been using Safari now since I can use all the gestures. I don't miss firefox, I actually like this Leopard version of Safari just fine. To me I don't notice any differences.

I d/l the latest webkit release last night and I've been impressed so far. It is much snappier than the current release of Safari. It seems perfectly stable and best of all the multitouch gestures work perfectly.

http://nightly.webkit.org/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.