|Apr 23, 2010, 02:10 PM||#6|
Yes. I second the desire to figure out how to do this. I'd like to see my notes on the printed copy as well!
Edit: I have a work-around. It's somewhat ugly & very convoluted, but it works and yields a PDF with notes printed in the last page(s) from Preview.
1. Install Skim: http://skim-app.sourceforge.net/
2. Open your annotated PDF in Skim.
3. Select File -> Convert Notes...
4. Manually edit the notes to delete everything except note comments (as desired).
5. Select File -> Export...
6. Select "Notes as RTFD" from the "File Format:" menu & save
7. Open the RTFD file in Text Edit
8. Select File -> Print...
9. Click the PDF button and select "Save as PDF..." and save
10. Open your original PDF with notes in Preview (Make sure your sidebar is visible (View -> Sidebar) and it displays pages as thumbnails (select list at bottom of sidebar))
11. Drag your Notes file (from step 12) to the bottom of Preview's sidebar
*phew*. Now you can save & print your PDF with your notes on the last page(s).
Last edited by WildCowboy; Apr 23, 2010 at 02:41 PM. Reason: post merge
|Nov 13, 2012, 10:32 AM||#7|
Apologies for replying to a very old thread, but I just came across this when googling for the solution, then noticed the solution, so wanted to share that with anyone else that stumbles onto this page.
The solution in Mountain Lion is to command-p, click 'Show Details' (if details aren't already being shown), then 'Show Notes' (under the 'Preview' set of options).
|Dec 3, 2012, 01:31 PM||#8|
-Dr. Kat Barger
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Impossible to close a print preview window?||lunarman||Mac Programming||0||Apr 26, 2014 05:32 AM|
|Print multiple copies on one page (in pages or in preview)||sttlr||Mac Applications and Mac App Store||4||Mar 13, 2014 11:24 AM|
|File name in Preview PDF is always "Preview of Print"||storkman14||OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion||2||Aug 23, 2013 07:47 AM|
|How to get rid of timestamp when taking notes in preview?||bumblefee||MacBook Pro||0||Feb 15, 2013 12:29 AM|
|Exporting/printing notes from Apple preview or otherwise||phaax||Mac Basics and Help||0||Aug 13, 2012 02:17 PM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:05 PM.