Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ezekielrage_99

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 12, 2005
I just read this is the Sydney Morning Herald web site

I really wonder how popular Marion Cotillard will be with American film producers after she said that and more to the point how many American films will she be making now? Silly arrogant French woman....

geese

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2003
London, UK
Whilst I find some aspects of 9/11 a bit suspicious, I highly doubt that the US fabricated 9/11 because it was cheaper then knocking the towers down!

Stampyhead

macrumors 68020
Sep 3, 2004
London, UK
Why in the world does anyone care what she, or any other actor/actress, thinks? Just because you're famous doesn't mean we give a crap about your uninformed opinion...
Her building demolition theory was pretty funny, though, in a pitiful kind of way...

Does everyone in France think this? :eek:

What would make you think that? Does everyone in the U.S. think the same way about every issue?

DAC47

macrumors 6502
Mar 1, 2007
Cardiff
Wow a crazy actor
that's pretty much unheard of isn't it:rolleyes:

she should get together with Charlie Sheen

Henri Gaudier

macrumors 6502a
May 4, 2005
France
Until the very last statement there's nothing wrong with what she says. There are many inconsistencies in the official story and it is healthy to question. If you look at everything that has come out, both fully and partially through the Freedom of Information Acts etc about mind control experiments or American plans to blow up an air line, blame Cuba, in order to create a reason to invade etc ... well all of these things were denied at the time. Some at the time would have questioned the veracity of the official line and the media would of portrayed them as insane or trouble causers etc but years later it's found to be all true! And is it that the papers and the media at the time were hoodwinked or were they part of the hoodwinking?

Former defence advisor to 2 American presidents, Zbigniew Brzezinski states in his book "THE GRAND CHESSBOARD - American Primacy And It's Geostrategic Imperatives," 1997.-

"For America, the chief geopolitical prize is Eurasia... In that context, how America "manages" Eurasia is critical. Eurasia is the globe's largest continent and is geopolitically axial. A power that dominates Eurasia would control two of the world's three most advanced and economically productive regions. A mere glance at the map also suggests that control over Eurasia would almost automatically entail Africa's subordination, rendering the Western Hemisphere and Oceania geopolitically peripheral to the world's central continent. About 75 per cent of the world's people live in Eurasia, and most of the world's physical wealth is there as well, both in its enterprises and underneath its soil. Eurasia accounts for 60 per cent of the world's GNP and about three-fourths of the world's known energy resources." (p.31)

She, as a European has every right to be concerned and critical of a country that advocates "dominating" the "prize of Eurasia."

Specifically back to 9/11 - in the Project for the New American Century it states “The process of transformation, even if it brings revolutionary change, is likely to be a long one, absent some catastrophic and catalyzing event – like a new Pearl Harbour."

This was written 1 year before the pre-emptive attacks on the US. It's worth a puzzle over at least and I'd suggest a bit more. Anyway, there's too much to cover in the whole 9/11 Zionist war hawk debate but I think she, struggling in a second language, did okay until the daffy ending.

OllyW

Staff member
Oct 11, 2005
The Black Country, England
Does everyone in France think this? :eek:

At least one of them does ;)

Until the very last statement there's nothing wrong with what she says. There are many inconsistencies in the official story and it is healthy to question. If you look at everything that has come out, both fully and partially through Freedom of Information Acts etc about mind control experiments or American plans to blow up an air line, blame Cuba, in order to create a reason to invade etc ... well all of these things were denied at the time. Some would have believed and the media would of portrayed them as insane or trouble causers etc but years later it's found to be all true.

Former defence advisor to 2 American presidents, Zbigniew Brzezinski states in his book "THE GRAND CHESSBOARD - American Primacy And It's Geostrategic Imperatives," 1997.-

"For America, the chief geopolitical prize is Eurasia... In that context, how America "manages" Eurasia is critical. Eurasia is the globe's largest continent and is geopolitically axial. A power that dominates Eurasia would control two of the world's three most advanced and economically productive regions. A mere glance at the map also suggests that control over Eurasia would almost automatically entail Africa's subordination, rendering the Western Hemisphere and Oceania geopolitically peripheral to the world's central continent. About 75 per cent of the world's people live in Eurasia, and most of the world's physical wealth is there as well, both in its enterprises and underneath its soil. Eurasia accounts for 60 per cent of the world's GNP and about three-fourths of the world's known energy resources." (p.31)

She, as a European has every right to be concerned and critical of a country that advocates "dominating" the "prize of Eurasia."

Specifically back to 9/11 - in the Project for the New American Century it states “The process of transformation, even if it brings revolutionary change, is likely to be a long one, absent some catastrophic and catalyzing event – like a new Pearl Harbour."

This was written 1 year before the pre-emptive attacks on the US. It's worth a puzzle over at least and I'd suggest a bit more. Anyway, there's too much to cover in the whole 9/11 Zionist war hawk debate but I think she, struggling in a second language, did okay until the daffy ending.

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
Yeah, they didn't think of re-cabling and such when they built the damn things, so that's why they were knocked down less than 25 years after being finished.
And the Empire State Building is still standing why?

Gelfin

macrumors 68020
Sep 18, 2001
Denver, CO

Do not confuse the academic ramblings of "defense advisors" for a concrete foreign policy.

Right now there is somebody in Washington D.C. who is being paid real taxpayer dollars to come up with a contingency plan in the event we decide to invade Canada, just as there is someone in Ottowa making contingency plans for military action against the United States. There is no reason to believe that such a preposterous thing would ever happen, but the thinking is that if you have dispassionately thought through all such scenarios, no matter how preposterous they individually seem, the one in a million of them that actually comes to pass will not take us completely by surprise.

The nature of this kind of amoral strategic thinking is that it makes its practitioners sort of the polar opposite of a diplomat. To a man they come off as antagonistic and unsympathetic as they talk about the technicalities involved in invading an ally. The job of such advisers is to supply dispassionate analysis, not policy.

Note that from such a standpoint strong treaty relations firmly establishing U.S. influence with Eurasian allies could be considered a form of "domination" of the Eurasian political sphere. If the EU would rather do business with the US than with China, then that's "domination" and it has nothing to do with any implicit threat of the US bombing Paris.

ezekielrage_99

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 12, 2005
tinfoil-hat.jpg

Well not one person has posted this image yet... Kind of thought that it was appropriate ;)

jb60606

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2008
Chicago
Up until the moon thing she, like many, brings up the same valid points from many conspiracy theories. I can't say I'm necessarily sold on them, but I keep an open mind and I acknowledge that our govt is more than capable of pulling off such an atrocity and have demonstrated so in the past.

But the thing about "America" blowing up WTC because it was more convenient is idiocy, and I hope to god it isn't common belief across Europe (if it is, I just lost respect for all of you).

The Sears Tower was built the same year and is managed by a company that has historically been in a seemingly permanent state of bankruptcy, though has always been maintained to state-of-the-art standards as have thousands of vintage buildings that decorate New York's and Chicago's historic skylines.

P.S. She gets plenty of movie offers from around the world. I highly doubt she'd care if she ever received another movie offer from Hollywood and alike. Besides, her EXTREMELY thick accent would probably negatively affect her chances of landing a leading, or even supporting role in american films. She can't seem to disguise it.

RedTomato

macrumors 601
Mar 4, 2005
.. London ..
Right now there is somebody in Washington D.C. who is being paid real taxpayer dollars to come up with a contingency plan in the event we decide to invade Canada, just as there is someone in Ottowa making contingency plans for military action against the United States. There is no reason to believe that such a preposterous thing would ever happen, but the thinking is that if you have dispassionately thought through all such scenarios, no matter how preposterous they individually seem, the one in a million of them that actually comes to pass will not take us completely by surprise.

If only this was actually true! Then maybe the USA would have had a better idea what to do after invading Iraq (both times).

As it was, the USA's foolish and clueless blunders successfully alienated the population they'd just 'liberated' (that welcomed the usa with flowers and applause), squandered what remained of the vast global public sympathy for the USA after 9/11, kickstarted a decade long anti-american resistance movement that has, if not global support, at least global commiseration, and looks set to be successfully wrecking the USA's own economy.

If there was any USA planning of what would happen post-invasion, as opposed to vague ideologically-motivated guessing of socio-political factors combined with grabbing of oil fields and military outpost locations, it's been hidden pretty well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.