Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hello.there

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2007
Couch
But the thing about "America" blowing up WTC because it was more convient is idiocy, and I hope to god it isn't common belief across Europe (if it is, I just lost respect for all of you).

:rolleyes: The feeling will be mutual if you make the assumption that an entire continent of different countries, ethnic groupings, religions, political beliefs, history etc, etc, etc, thinks as one. Idiotic beyond belief.

There's nothing new in her comments, those theories have been doing the rounds since September 11th (2001, obviously). I'm amazed some of you haven't heard them before? :confused:

I think most of the theories - and I've probably read them all (I like my conspiracy theories :eek: ) - are pure nuts, but I reckon the real fools are the ones who believe '9/11' was as it seemed. In fact, it astounds me that any American would believe that - your Government, like most Governments, hasn't been shy about lying to you before.

Gelfin

macrumors 68020
Sep 18, 2001
Denver, CO
If only this was actually true! Then maybe the USA would have had a better idea what to do after invading Iraq (both times).

Okay, traditionally this is the case. The Iraq misadventure was a colossal cockup in so many ways, not least of which was subversion of the normal intelligence and strategic process so analysis no longer informed policy, but instead was dictated by it. One can only hope that this disaster will at least serve as a reminder to future executives why it is a bad idea for the President to tell intelligence people what he wants them to find.

skunk

macrumors G4
Jun 29, 2002
Republic of Ukistan
I reckon the real fools are the ones who believe '9/11' was as it seemed. In fact, it astounds me that any American would believe that - your Government, like most Governments, hasn't been shy about lying to you before.
Perhaps you could enlighten us as to the real story. I like a good story.

Dragonfly47

macrumors member
Feb 11, 2008
Atlanta Metro
As it was, the USA's foolish and clueless blunders successfully alienated the population they'd just 'liberated' (that welcomed the usa with flowers and applause), squandered what remained of the vast global public sympathy for the USA after 9/11, kickstarted a decade long anti-american resistance movement that has, if not global support, at least global commiseration, and looks set to be successfully wrecking the USA's own economy.

It's a wonder we all don't move to London....

Hello.there

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2007
Couch
Perhaps you could enlighten us as to the real story. I like a good story.

I'm sure you do. My favourite was the one about Saddam Hussein being a friend of Al Qaeda, and therefore Iraq had to be invaded. Did you like that one too? Or do you prefer fact to fiction ;)

skunk

macrumors G4
Jun 29, 2002
Republic of Ukistan
I'm sure you do. My favourite was the one about Saddam Hussein being a friend of Al Qaeda, and therefore Iraq had to be invaded. Did you like that one too? Or do you prefer fact to fiction ;)
The occasional tidbit of verifiable, corroborated evidence is usually preferable to sheer propaganda.

fridgeymonster3

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2008
Philadelphia
Her opinion is her opinion no matter how crazy it may seem. I on the one hand find it insulting since I am from NJ, right outside NYC, and know people who died at the twin towers in 9/11. My uncle, who worked on wallstreet, was lucky enough to survive and make it home. So, even though its her opinion and theory, it still stings others.

aLoC

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2006
What's so hard to believe that some guys could hijack a plane? No need for grand conspiracies to explain that.

ezekielrage_99

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 12, 2005
What's so hard to believe that some guys could hijack a plane? No need for grand conspiracies to explain that.

Ockham's razor, that's my theory ;)

Either way I find MC's opinion irrelevant, she can think whatever she wants to think but voicing it I find a bit tasteless.

obeygiant

macrumors 601
Jan 14, 2002
totally cool
Of course they don't, but how did I know that you of all people would think they really do.

don't all frenchies look like this?

S21305.jpg

:D

Iscariot

macrumors 68030
Aug 16, 2007
Toronteazy
I find it incredulous that people actually believe a government as startlingly inept as the Bush administration could pull off such an intricate and complicated conspiracy plot.

Cecily

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2007
I guess many of you aren't very familiar with guys like Alex Jones or radio programs like Coast to Coast. Try watching "End Game," "Terrorstorm," or "America: Freedom to Fascism" on google video. Go to http://www.prisonplanet.com or http://www.infowars.com and actually look up unfiltered news. You could even look up the video of Aaron Russo's historic interview, all of it is good.

In the Aaron Russo interview he talks about his friendship with Nick Rockefeller and how Nick told him eleven months in advance that there was going to be an event that would lead the U.S. to a "War on Terror." He by the way, made that movie America: Freedom to Fascism.

All of this is going to sound like a lot of hooey to someone who doesn't know any better, but the information is out there. Find information on the Bohemian Grove and how the elites go there for a few weeks out of the year and do mock sacrifices called "The Cremation of Care" to an ancient Babelonian owl god named Moloch. Look up the Bilderberg group and how government leaders go to secret meetings every year with tight security in complete violation of our nations law. All of the Clintons and all of the Bushes are members of both of these groups. No one does anything without these peoples say so. The say so from familes such as the Rockefellers and the Rothschilds, both of which control the flow of money in their own countries. The Rockefellers in the US and the Rothschilds in the UK. What was being attempted by people like Hitler and Mussolini is now being done in secret by the same groups that these men were part of. Every war since WW1 has been financed by these international bankers. All to do the one thing that elites have attempted to do since before the days of Alexander the Great, rule and control the world. They've already started the European Union, the North American Union is almost coming to fruition with trade deals like NAFTA and KAFTA along with the NAFTA Superhighways. They're also at the same time trying to create an Asian union. They already have the trilateral commision set up which was made to deal with the three unions. They already have the UN which was created for the policing of "third world nations." Now theyre getting ready to issue out RFID chips in drivers licenses and ID cards. Issue date here in the US is in May of this year. Look up the REAL ID Act, it's all in there. The tyranny goes on too. Everything from the implimentation of Eugenics to the deliberate crash of the stock market. It's all out there.

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
I guess many of you aren't very familiar with guys like Alex Jones or radio programs like Coast to Coast. Try watching "End Game," "Terrorstorm," or "America: Freedom to Fascism" on google video. Go to http://www.prisonplanet.com or http://www.infowars.com and actually look up unfiltered news. You could even look up the video of Aaron Russo's historic interview, all of it is good.

In the Aaron Russo interview he talks about his friendship with Nick Rockefeller and how Nick told him eleven months in advance that there was going to be an event that would lead the U.S. to a "War on Terror." He by the way, made that movie America: Freedom to Fascism.

All of this is going to sound like a lot of hooey to someone who doesn't know any better, but the information is out there. Find information on the Bohemian Grove and how the elites go there for a few weeks out of the year and do mock sacrifices called "The Cremation of Care" to an ancient Babelonian owl god named Moloch. Look up the Bilderberg group and how government leaders go to secret meetings every year with tight security in complete violation of our nations law. All of the Clintons and all of the Bushes are members of both of these groups. No one does anything without these peoples say so. The say so from familes such as the Rockefellers and the Rothschilds, both of which control the flow of money in their own countries. The Rockefellers in the US and the Rothschilds in the UK. What was being attempted by people like Hitler and Mussolini is now being done in secret by the same groups that these men were part of. Every war since WW1 has been financed by these international bankers. All to do the one thing that elites have attempted to do since before the days of Alexander the Great, rule and control the world. They've already started the European Union, the North American Union is almost coming to fruition with trade deals like NAFTA and KAFTA along with the NAFTA Superhighways. They're also at the same time trying to create an Asian union. They already have the trilateral commision set up which was made to deal with the three unions. They already have the UN which was created for the policing of "third world nations." Now theyre getting ready to issue out RFID chips in drivers licenses and ID cards. Issue date here in the US is in May of this year. Look up the REAL ID Act, it's all in there. The tyranny goes on too. Everything from the implimentation of Eugenics to the deliberate crash of the stock market. It's all out there.

I think the person who needs to do researching is you. The topic: Hanlon's razor.

Iscariot

macrumors 68030
Aug 16, 2007
Toronteazy
I think the person who needs to do researching is you. The topic: Hanlon's razor.

Or the Cock-Up theory.

Seriously. We're attributed the ability to plan and execute a covert terrorist attack that would take years of planning, dozens of people, perfect execution and the disappearance of hundreds to an administration that blundered Hurricane Katrina and a government that can't get away with stealing files from a hotel or a blowjob in the oval office.

Cecily

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2007
It has been years in the making. The Bilderberg group has been around since 1954. Before that was the Bohemian Grove which has been around since the late 1800's. Before that you had the families. Rothschilds for instance, started off as oil tycoons in England. That was until he spread a rumor in advance to the stock market that Napolean had won the Battle of Waterloo, causing it to crash. He then bought up all the stocks and when news reached that Napolean had in fact been defeated, stocks went up. England then controlled Europe and Rothschild controlled England. That's just one family. One family of a dozen that heads the Bilderberg Group. This administration is nothing but a bunch of tools. Bush doesn't do anything without the say so of the Bilderberg group. Neither one of them did. The fact is that it doesn't matter who is in office, democrat or republican, because they both answer to the same people. The man who controls the money has all the power and it's the Federal Reserve in the US that controls the money just like the Bank of England in the UK. These aren't government run organizations. They're run by private bankers (Rockefellers) who pump out money that isn't backed by anything. The collapse of the economy is because of that. The money in the US is worth only .03 what it was worth when the Fed was introduced in 1913 all because of inflation from the over printing of money. These guys can print however much they want and in turn have bought out government. In the mean time we have our wonderful government borrowing more and more money from the Fed and taxing their citizens unconstitutionally to pay off the Fed which can never happen because of the interest on the money that was borrowed. They owe more money to the Fed than there actually is in circulation. So what do they do? They borrow even more money to have more money in circulation and the cycle continues. All of which is being done to wipe out the middle class so that their is a bigger division between the poor and wealthy. The Bush administration may seem stupid, but when you see that they're merely pawns and that their real motivation is a North American Union, they're not so stupid anymore. After all, they've managed to do all of their work without the majority of Americans having any idea of what's going on.

Cecily

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2007

I agree with Hanlon's Razor. That doesn't mean it doesn't apply to what i'm saying. Most everyone involved with what's going on think they're doing something good. Almost all of them are uninformed. Evidence there is the Council on Foreign Relations. There are alot of people in the CFR, most of whom don't have a clue what the CFR is or does.

Prof.

macrumors 603
Aug 17, 2007
Chicagoland
I wouldn't doubt for a second that the US attacked its own people. I tend to believe that they did too. But that's just me.

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
I find it incredulous that people actually believe a government as startlingly inept as the Bush administration could pull off such an intricate and complicated conspiracy plot.
That's just what they want you to think. :p

I guess many of you aren't very familiar with guys like Alex Jones
Most of us are very familiar with Alex Jones here, thankyouverymuch.

I don't know, I tend to go with Silicon Addicts sig here and say why suspect conspiracy if incompetence would achieve the same result. I'm not saying there aren't conspiracies, or that the gov isn't out to get you. There are, and though they aren't directly, they do have objectives that often come at a cost to the rest of us. But some of these things are so out there, they obfuscate from the real questions that are out there. And there are real questions. I mean, since when do those in gov not lie to us? I just don't think it's as complicated as this.

Iscariot

macrumors 68030
Aug 16, 2007
Toronteazy

I've seen Loose Change, Zeitgeist, and a few other 9/11 conspiracy videos. What they highlight more than anything is just how absolutely complex a conspiracy of this magnitude would be. The videos also each offer conflicting accounts from different eye witnesses, and there's not a shred of physical tangible evidence in any of this, nothing caught on video, nothing found or taken away, nothing.

Eye witnesses are totally unreliable. This has been the conclusion of numerous legal and psychological studies. Eye witness memory becomes even more unreliable under extreme stress, like say a massive terrorist attack with buildings threatening to collapse down on you. There are lots of problems with memory, being able to only distinguish between a few colors, storing perceptual information as narrative, and when reconstructing memories your mind fills in the blank between vague terms and definitions with information either previously known or with other memories. Speed, distance, brightness, loudness, all are distorted by personal perception and frequently incorrect when recalled. Memory changes over time, automatically including information learned after the event occurred and added to the reconstruction. Memory is too large to be stored, and is already filtered by perception, which in itself discards a lot of sensory data.

What's more credible: that a few human beings under unbelievable stress — humans who are almost totally unaccustomed to stress anywhere near this magnitude — have some fuzzy and jumbled memories, or that a veiled illuminati managed to topple two skyscrapers, cover it up with an elaborate ruse involving passenger jets, hide hundreds of passengers, silence hundreds of co-conspirators, and hide every single bit of physical evidence?

It's absurd.

I'm willing to bet that we're not getting the full story, and I wouldn't be surprised in the least if someone other than Usama Bin Laden was responsible. But if there is any kind of cover-up, it exists partially to exploit this tragedy for the benefit of some, but above all else, to try and hide the incredible mismanagement and ineptitude that allowed for something like this to occur in the first place.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.