Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games

Old Mar 2, 2008, 09:08 PM   #1
11blue
macrumors member

Warcraft 3 Help!

OK, I just got a new 2.4 GHZ Macbook today, and the only Mac compatible game I have is Warcraft 3. So, I installed it, and it worked. Then, I updated it through Battlenet, and now it will not work. What gives?!
11blue is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2008, 09:10 PM   #2
11blue
macrumors member

Also, it says Error -43.
11blue is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2008, 10:30 PM   #3
redsteven
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11blue View Post
Also, it says Error -43.
You will find that Blizzard offers what's probably the best mac support in the entire gaming business. I'd recommend going straight to them, or at the very least check their mac support forum (if they have one).

I know they have a mac-specific support forum for WoW... not sure if they have one for Warcraft III though. Check http://us.blizzard.com/support/index.xml?gameId=5 and send them an email if you can't find an answer to your problem.
redsteven is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2008, 10:32 PM   #4
Chaszmyr
macrumors 601

I've never seen the Error 43, but WC3 wouldn't work on my Intel Mac until I selected the program, went to Get Info, and checked the "Open with Rosetta" box
Chaszmyr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2008, 10:38 PM   #5
redsteven
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaszmyr View Post
I've never seen the Error 43, but WC3 wouldn't work on my Intel Mac until I selected the program, went to Get Info, and checked the "Open with Rosetta" box
You can see if that works for the time being, but I'd consider it a work around.

Rosetta is the environment that your intel mac runs older mac programs in... programs that were written for the old PPC macs and haven't been updated to run natively on intel macs.

Most intel-native applications can be FORCED to run in Rosetta via the "open with rosetta" checkbox, but it will cause you to take a hit in performance.

Go to blizzard and see what they say.

edit: BTW, 11blue, take a look at http://us.blizzard.com/support/artic...c&pageNumber=1 .... not sure if that's your problem though, since you said it worked before you updated it.
redsteven is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2008, 08:41 PM   #6
aggieguard719
macrumors newbie

How do heros pick up items?

Theres no right click on a MAC... so how do heroes pick up items when you're playing with a MAC?
aggieguard719 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2008, 12:32 AM   #7
Padraic
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggieguard719 View Post
Theres no right click on a MAC... so how do heroes pick up items when you're playing with a MAC?
There is a right click... go into your system settings, click on 'keyboard & mouse' and change the right mouse button to 'secondary button'.

If you're using a trackpad there's an option to put two fingers on the trackpad and click for secondary buttons (right click) in the same settings screen. That acts just like a right click.
Padraic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2008, 01:55 AM   #8
imassents
macrumors 6502

As I posted in your thread, lift your fingers off the left side of the mouse before press down with fingers on the right-hand side to perform a right-click on the mighty mouse.

Also, Command and Left-click will perform a right-click in Warcraft.
imassents is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games