Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Old Mar 4, 2008, 09:14 PM   #1
sbb155
macrumors 6502

scrolling touchpad TOO fast with boot camp

I bought a new penryn MBP
I installed vista
When I scroll on web pages it goes superfast
Cannot see touch panel in control panel to see ow to eliminate this scroll acceleration
What can i do?
sbb155 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2008, 09:57 PM   #2
chouhiroshi
macrumors newbie

Me 2

I have the same problem. I installed Windows XP in MacBook Air using BootKamp. The two fingures scroll is super fast. Anybody can help?
chouhiroshi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2008, 04:30 AM   #3
shokrone
macrumors newbie

I find the setting to be fine under XP, but I'm not sure what to do to help the guy who is having trouble in Vista (Though they're fairly similar interface-wise).

In XP go to the control panel (Fastest way: [Command]+R, type "control" without quotes and hit enter), switch to classic view if it isn't, and double-click on "Mouse". At the top of the window, there is a tab labeled "Wheel". Click on it, and from there you can adjust your scrolling speed, or you can instruct it to scroll in a way not unlike hitting [page up]/[page down].

As far as Windows is concerned, you're using the scroll wheel in the centre of a regular three-button mouse. Normally they click as they spin, which is why the speed setting is "number of lines per click". Every time I see one of those old Apple-brand mice, I feel compelled to wear mittens.

I hope this helps... But I don't know if it works for the Vista guy.
shokrone is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2011, 07:50 AM   #4
nilepharaoh1
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shokrone View Post
In XP go to the control panel (Fastest way: [Command]+R, type "control" without quotes and hit enter), switch to classic view if it isn't, and double-click on "Mouse". At the top of the window, there is a tab labeled "Wheel". Click on it, and from there you can adjust your scrolling speed, or you can instruct it to scroll in a way not unlike hitting [page up]/[page down].
thank you very much. it solved my problem under windows 7. the steps are
start button, control panel, hardware, mouse, wheel tab, change the lines at a time (first box) to 1 instead of the default which is 3.

again, thank you,
nilepharaoh1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac