Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old Nov 5, 2003, 09:44 AM   #1
robbieduncan

UK PowerBook Availability

I am in the market for a nice new 15" PowerBook (lucky me). I was going to get one tax free at Dixons in Gatwick when I fly to Aberdeen tomorrow but I called them earlier and it didn't sound good. The only Macs they have in stock are G3 iBooks and they don't have any PowerBooks in their warehouse. I asked about paying for it and having them deliver it when they get them but the guy said they couldn't do that (but I could talk to the manager tomorrow if I wanted). So looks like my plan to save 300 is out

So I looked on the Apple Store and it said 2-3 weeks! Micro-Anvica have a status of pre-order. Dabs say less than <1 week for stock. Anyone know of anywhere in the UK that actually has some?
robbieduncan is offline   0
Old Nov 5, 2003, 10:19 AM   #2
caveman_uk

Cancom aparently have both the combo and Superdrive models in stock for sale online. The combo is also in their Kensington store http://www.cancomuk.com/cancom_info/...ion=Kensington
caveman_uk is offline   0
Old Nov 5, 2003, 12:15 PM   #3
CrackedButter
macrumors 68040

Apple does say 3 weeks but i ordered mine and it came within 2 weeks, normally i would of have to of waited for 4 weeks. 3 Weeks then a week to deliver.

This came on thursday as well.
Old Nov 5, 2003, 12:30 PM   #4
robbieduncan

Quote:
Originally posted by caveman_uk
Cancom aparently have both the combo and Superdrive models in stock for sale online. The combo is also in their Kensington store http://www.cancomuk.com/cancom_info/...ion=Kensington
The only SuperDrive model I see available there is a refurb (yet full price!) I'll see what Dixons say tomorrow. If no go I'll order from Dabs on 12 months interest free credit (not really needed but a nice option).
robbieduncan is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers