Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChrisH3677

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
Victoria, Australia
I have a TiBook with 10.2.8 on it and a SuperDrive.

I tried to copy a CD and although the copy appears the same when read in my Mac, it appears blank in a PC.

The process I followed was:

- Run Disk Copy
- Drag original CD to Disk Copy which created an image (said Ignore rather than initialize)
- Put blank CD in drive (yeah ok, i took the original out first!! :D )
- Clicked Burn

What'd I do wrong?!!

Also, how do I create a CD that is readable in Windows drives? I made a data CD last week only to find Windows couldn't read it.

thanks

chris

Tarje

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2003
México
What are you doing wrong...

let's see...

how 'bout everything? :D

No matter how hard you try, the way you're doing it will only make Mac readable cds.

Get Roxio Toaster and when you insert the cd, Toaster will run. Make an Hybrid PC/Mac format and then you'll be able to read the cd in Windows.

I hope I made myself clear.

Greetings

ChrisH3677

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
Victoria, Australia
ok.... i just discovered in the preferences i can choose the format. Changed it to MS-DOS. Still didn't work. :(

(I'm a switcher and I'm still not used to the application's menu bar being always at the top of the screen, so had forgotten to check the preferences)

Thanks Tarje. I guess I will have to get Toast.

:)

TMJ1974

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2002
Toast Titanium

You need to buy Roxio's Toast Titanium, currently on versoin 6. Will work like a charm on any kind of CD :)

It's $99, but one of the programs I've used most.

Tim

ChrisH3677

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
Victoria, Australia
Woohoo! I found a way to do it. all i did was Duplicated the original CD (which stuck it on the desktop. I then stuck blank CD in and the dragged the files from the copy to the blank. then ejected and burnt.

it may not auto launch or work for bootable cds but should work for most.

chris

Hugin777

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2003
Copenhagen
Disk Copy -> New Image From Device

Have you tried opening Disk Copy and selecting New -> Image from device ?

I used it for taking a backup of my (bootable) Panther install cd's. Worked perfectly.

In Panther just select the device in Disk Utility and select New -> Image from disk1.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.