Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Appler

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2006
Can someone please tell me how I can retrieve the address bar in safari? I was trying something, and it was just dragged out. I've looked all over for options to retrieve it, but I can't find anything. Please help.

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
1. right click toolbar and customize it, drag url bar back

2. reset safari

Appler

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2006
There is no bar to drag back. The top of the page is empty.

Appler

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2006
There Picture 1.png

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
are you saying when you do "view->customize toolbar" there is no url bar/address bar available in the panel?

Attachments

• Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    112.1 KB · Views: 693

Appler

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2006
In the customize yes there is. What do i do with it? Just write down the default page? And then done?

riscy

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2008
China
Then click and hold on the URL bar in the customise window and drag it to where it should be in the browser.
In the customize yes there is. What do i do with it? Just write down the default page? And then done?

Appler

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2006
The problem is, there is no url address to drag it to the toolbox. And now i tried writing a url down in the space, it doesnt allow me to.

jplan2008

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2008
just drag ...

either just the url bar or the default set to where it should be. You don't need to type an address

Appler

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2006
Trust me so am I lol. Ok. As you can see in the picture, there is no address bar at all. I tried the customize toolbox but it does not let me add any addy in it. What exactly do you want me to drag into that space? All i want is to get the address bar where it was.

Appler

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2006
There has to be a very simple way to retrieve that address bar. Just like in Explorer, all you need to do is view>add address bar. Think guys think lol. And thanks, i appreciate the help.

atluten

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2008
Trust me so am I lol. Ok. As you can see in the picture, there is no address bar at all. I tried the customize toolbox but it does not let me add any addy in it. What exactly do you want me to drag into that space? All i want is to get the address bar where it was.

I think what they're suggesting is that you drag the url bar from the customize toolbox back to the place where it is missing, not adding or dragging anything to the url bar in the customize toolbox. The customize window is for you to take elements from.

riscy

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2008
China
Where it says "Go to this address" (inside a box), grab that and drag it to your toolbar, where the address should be.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.