Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old Jun 4, 2008, 06:35 PM   #1
jkaz
macrumors 6502

Back to My Mac, I can't get it to work

I've tried numerous times and in all configurations but have yet to see back to my mac work.

is there something basic that i'm missing? is everyone else able to get it to work as expected?

I'm going to look again at the basic tutorial but if someone has a tip list or a link i would very much appreciate it!

thanks!
jkaz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2008, 11:20 PM   #2
Moof1904
macrumors 6502a

Good luck

There's an editorial in the July MacWorld about how Back to My Mac sucks and rarely works and when it does, it's seemingly random.
Moof1904 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2008, 11:34 PM   #3
twoodcc
macrumors P6

Send a message via AIM to twoodcc Send a message via MSN to twoodcc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moof1904 View Post
There's an editorial in the July MacWorld about how Back to My Mac sucks and rarely works and when it does, it's seemingly random.
i've gotten it work before. it seemed to work fine for me
Old Jun 5, 2008, 08:41 AM   #4
jkaz
macrumors 6502

somehow, i got it to work from my office to back home. i'm not sure that home back to my office is going to work as none of my office computers are showing up as shared locations on my home computer.

my home computer is connected from wire to router to cable modem.

my office computers are connected wirelessly through an airport.

i have a home computer on wireless airport as well and that computer is not showing up but that computer might be asleep.

is there a wireless setting somewhere i might need to fix that anyone can think of?

thanks!
jkaz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2008, 11:14 AM   #5
twoodcc
macrumors P6

Send a message via AIM to twoodcc Send a message via MSN to twoodcc
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkaz View Post
somehow, i got it to work from my office to back home. i'm not sure that home back to my office is going to work as none of my office computers are showing up as shared locations on my home computer.

my home computer is connected from wire to router to cable modem.

my office computers are connected wirelessly through an airport.

i have a home computer on wireless airport as well and that computer is not showing up but that computer might be asleep.

is there a wireless setting somewhere i might need to fix that anyone can think of?

thanks!
mine has worked over wireless also. i can't think of anything that you need to do for it to work, besides turn it on in system preferences.

if you go into system preferences, under .Mac, and click on Back to my Mac, usually it will say if it's working properly

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking