Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drew123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2008
I found an iTouch on my lawn (and it still works) and would like to return it to the owner, if I could only unlock it to possibly retrieve personal info on the owner. Otherwise I've got myself a free Itouch - any help would be appreciated by myself and the owner.

Kharma is real!!!

mrat93

macrumors 68020
Dec 30, 2006
Locked as in... It's asking for a password?
You have to restore it. Enjoy your new iPod.

donaldj

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2008
Ontario, Canada
C'mon... give that thing back to it's rightful owner. Post a sign on a post outside ur house. If you dont get contacted in a week... its urs.

drew123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2008
I'm assuming it found my lawn after being tossed out the window of a passing car by who ever stole it, and they couldn't unlock it - obviously not a tech savvy thief. Plus I live in the Los Angeles area and it is not likely that the person lives in my immediate area or would even see a sign I post outside my house. :( I guess if the device had been enabled for disk use I could delete the lock file, but it does not show up as a drive on the PC.

drew123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2008
Actually, it was found by my postal carrier, who always walks across the lawn instead of using the walkway:mad:(he's worn a path) so hes howed it to me but never touched it himself:rolleyes:.

Is there any other methods of getting into this thing?? i.e. like dos level commands or something?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.