Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jun 24, 2008, 02:35 PM   #1
nojokews6
macrumors regular

Question any way to add contacts through PC?

i dont have an iphone but will be getting one on the 11th. is there any programs or even through itunes that i can type my contacts into and then sync when i get the phone?
nojokews6 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2008, 02:36 PM   #2
Eraserhead
macrumors G4

I believe it syncs with Outlook on the PC.
Old Jun 24, 2008, 02:38 PM   #3
cWeems
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to cWeems
yea u can type them all in outlook then pull them over through itunes from there
Old Jun 24, 2008, 02:42 PM   #4
Donz0r
macrumors 6502a

Yeah, you can just use the basic "Address Book" application. I think it's in Start>All Programs>Accessories

then in iTunes under your iPhone, click the "info" tab and sync contacts with Windows Address book, then down at the bottom click "Contacts" for the "replace iPhone information" thing or whatever, it's really easy and straight-forward in iTunes.
Donz0r is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2008, 02:47 PM   #5
badgerman
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donz0r View Post
Yeah, you can just use the basic "Address Book" application. I think it's in Start>All Programs>Accessories

then in iTunes under your iPhone, click the "info" tab and sync contacts with Windows Address book, then down at the bottom click "Contacts" for the "replace iPhone information" thing or whatever, it's really easy and straight-forward in iTunes.
I only have windows mail on vista. Is there a quick way to transfer contacts from my current N95 into mail then onto iphone?
badgerman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2008, 03:28 PM   #6
nojokews6
macrumors regular

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donz0r View Post

this sounds very easy and basic, just what i need. i just want to make sure its def going to sync over before i type in 300+ contacts. i dont have an iphone to test it out with. any easy calander method?

I tried to sync my current ppc with outlook and had zero luck. do i need out look express or regular outlook? i remember having a problem with not being able to create a partnership.

and can i buy the 3g iphone without a contract? J/K i had to throw a noobie question in there..

Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 25, 2008, 11:24 AM   #7
nojokews6
macrumors regular

any help with the calander?
Old Jun 25, 2008, 12:00 PM   #8
rayward
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerman View Post
I only have windows mail on vista. Is there a quick way to transfer contacts from my current N95 into mail then onto iphone?
iTunes & iPhone sync with Yahoo Address Book. You can upload your contacts to Yahoo, then down onto the iPhone.
Old Jun 25, 2008, 01:14 PM   #9
tritonj
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerman View Post
do you have the nokia software install on your PC? sync your N95 to your PC then you can move the stuff over to an iPhone after
tritonj is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2008, 01:50 PM   #10
badgerman
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritonj View Post
do you have the nokia software install on your PC? sync your N95 to your PC then you can move the stuff over to an iPhone after
Cheers boss, have just done that and sync'd to outlook express, I assume I can use this to sync to iphone via itunes?

Just need a ruddy iphone now
badgerman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2008, 03:16 PM   #11
nojokews6
macrumors regular

how do you sync from outlook ? my phone keeps asking for a partnership.. how do i do it?
Old Jun 26, 2008, 03:19 PM   #12
ipodtouchy333
macrumors 65816

I will be getting my first iPhone on July 11 and was wondering about this also since I am not fortunate enough to have a Mac....yet
ipodtouchy333 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2008, 01:57 PM   #13
nojokews6
macrumors regular

?????????????????????????
Old Jun 29, 2008, 02:10 PM   #14
philgilder
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by nojokews6 View Post
how do you sync from outlook ? my phone keeps asking for a partnership.. how do i do it?
what phone do you have? what sync software do you use?
Old Jun 6, 2014, 04:32 AM   #15
hungx
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorSavona View Post
When you plug your device into your computer and open iTunes it will bring it up in the initial set-up and ask you what you want to sync with in drop down menus.
If you have already done your initial setup I believe you can specify by clicking your device and in the 2nd tab it shows the email accounts, contacts, calendars, etc that are syncing and you can specify there.
Forgive me, just going off of memory, I don't have iTunes on my main work computer.
You do realize that you're responding to a thread from 2008?
hungx is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2014, 01:19 AM   #16
JollyValencia
macrumors newbie

hmm? where does the post VictorSavona come from? invisible ghost post?
JollyValencia is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone