Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kabunaru

Original poster
Jan 28, 2008
I will be going to New York City late this summer for some show. What are good places to visit in New York City? Any recommendations? Thank you.

djellison

macrumors 68020
Feb 2, 2007
Pasadena CA
I've just got back from 6 days in NYC, followed by 5 days in upstate NY - the advice in the others threads is great, but I will say this..

Don't both visiting the Stat.of Lib - just take the Circle line 2hr dusk ferry tour from Pier 83.

The Guggenheim is not partially closed as it's website said before we left.. it's 9/10ths closed...do.not.go.

Times Square is not something to 'visit' - it's something to notice as you're going thru it to somewhere else.

Google for 'Simply Pasta' just off Time Square. Cheap, quick, and utterly stunning food.

We'd read great things about 'The Shake Shack' down by the Flatiron building, but to be honest, we got two burgers, one was 'ok' - the other was cold.

If you can - get on Ebay and get tickets to a Yankees Match before they flatten the stadium. Go and see Avenue Q if you can - the funniest musical I have ever seen.

AMNH and Met museum of Art are both a FULL day each
MOMA is 2/3rds full of the sort of modern art that just deserves total ridicule - but the feature exhibition when we were there was great.

Doing the Empire State Building at Night was a very cunning idea.

Doug

MLeepson

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2007
USA
You should take a look at the Waterfalls. You can catch a special boat ride from Circle Line (I believe) that takes you around the city to see all of falls. I was going to go yesterday, but it was sold out, so I suggest you buy your tickets online if you want to see them on boat.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.