Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hobbes3113

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2002
NYC
This is great for the keyboard, but what about the outside of my beautiful 17"pb. Anyone know if there is something like this to protect anything other than the keyboard?

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
Probably not thru amazon in the near future ... i've ordered thru them before and they make really nice products. I probably own't get the protector for the powerbook because I had one for my ibook andi t was really nice but dirt doesn't seem to be as visible iwth the pb, and i don't like peopel seeing that i have keyboard protector

sjcaguy

macrumors regular
Nov 24, 2003
you don't want them to see that you take care of your stuff and protect things you've spent money on?

let me put it this way: if i see someone with a nice camera and quality glass but no UV filter (a $35 purchase), it makes me wonder what the deal is. see, the filter (or keyboard protector) is a cheap protection for a much more costly item.

seems to me like powerbook or ibook, you'd want to do whatever you could (within reason, of course) to maintain and protect your computer.

I_Harf

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2003
Rochester, NY
quick question

How exactly do you use the iSkin protector? Do you have to take it on and off everytime you use it? Can you close your computer with it on or do you have to remove it everytime you close it? I guess it seems like something I will buy once I purchase a powerbook, yet I don't want it to be a pain in the rear...

Isaiah

g808

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
Bay Area, CA
This is great for the keyboard, but what about the outside of my beautiful 17"pb. Anyone know if there is something like this to protect anything other than the keyboard?

Powersleevz are great for protecting the outside of your powerbook. I don't know of anything that you could wrap around it like iSkin so you can leave it on while using it.

How exactly do you use the iSkin protector? Do you have to take it on and off everytime you use it? Can you close your computer with it on or do you have to remove it everytime you close it?

You can leave it on when closing the lid. This is something great to get. Over time the oils from your hand may cause damage to the keys, and it will help prevent dust from getting in the keyboard.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.