Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CaptSaltyJack

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
iDisk was supposed to have this feature where you can choose a file (on MobileMe web) and then share it with someone. When you click the file once there are two buttons "Share" and "Download," but I only see "Download." Is this feature not available yet??

RevK

macrumors member
Apr 26, 2004
iDisk was supposed to have this feature where you can choose a file (on MobileMe web) and then share it with someone. When you click the file once there are two buttons "Share" and "Download," but I only see "Download." Is this feature not available yet??

This feature is not available yet; but it will be. You'll notice while browsing around MobileMe that some features described during the Guided Tour are not yet available.

CaptSaltyJack

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
OK. Thanks man. MobileMe is still generally a bit quirky. I hope the kinks are worked out by next week.

mca7

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2007
I know! I really hope they didn't take this feature away! I was already a .mac subscriber anyway and this was the only new feature I was looking forward to. I really hope they still implement it.

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
You can manually connect to your iDisk using Finder and upload files there. I've not tried uploading files to iDisk using the Me.com interface.

queshy

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2005
"Coming soon: Email large files.
Soon a new feature in iDisk will make it simple to share files too big for email. iDisk will automatically send a message with a simple link. The recipient will just click the link to download the file." - Apple.com

Daveoc64

macrumors 601
Jan 16, 2008
Bristol, UK
"Coming soon: Email large files.
Soon a new feature in iDisk will make it simple to share files too big for email. iDisk will automatically send a message with a simple link. The recipient will just click the link to download the file." - Apple.com

That's only been there since June!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.